Motels in Ironwood

cabin800

I had to write this message .Last sat i travel thru from hurley to wakefield. I called on several hotels as i drove by. 1 person for 1 night. 60 to 70 a night. Then i see a small hotel in Ironwood .It's been there for a long time .Back when i used to go to hurley sledding every weekend in the early 90s. So i thought geez,I bet this one will be cheap.....Not! 145.00 for 1 night. Really dude! Hotels were open all over with vacancy.. 145.00. Really! Scam in my book....lol . Then as i travel over to bessemer.I pull into the guys lot at hotel on right side of road b4 town. No cars in his lot. Vacancy lit up. So i call him from phone... He says .Let me check to see if i have a room....5 minutes later. Oh yes i do he says.. lol. I'm just laughing at all this. Winter sucks this year i know. Ive been sledding 30 plus years......So i 'm just warning you guys out there. Shop. Just shop around. lol. I'm not mad or anything.So don't read me wrong. lol. Lets just be fair guys. Your hotel hasn't change since 1996.And you try and screw people.lol I'm just LMAO!

dawolf

As my father used to say at the dealership to those unhappy with his prices " no I don't think you're stupid, but I didn't want to miss you just in case" Can't blame em for trying.

Highflyer

I had to write this message .Last sat i travel thru from hurley to wakefield. I called on several hotels as i drove by. 1 person for 1 night. 60 to 70 a night. Then i see a small hotel in Ironwood .It's been there for a long time .Back when i used to go to hurley sledding every weekend in the early 90s. So i thought geez,I bet this one will be cheap.....Not! 145.00 for 1 night. Really dude! Hotels were open all over with vacancy.. 145.00. Really! Scam in my book....lol . Then as i travel over to bessemer.I pull into the guys lot at hotel on right side of road b4 town. No cars in his lot. Vacancy lit up. So i call him from phone... He says .Let me check to see if i have a room....5 minutes later. Oh yes i do he says.. lol. I'm just laughing at all this. Winter sucks this year i know. Ive been sledding 30 plus years......So i 'm just warning you guys out there. Shop. Just shop around. lol. I'm not mad or anything.So don't read me wrong. lol. Lets just be fair guys. Your hotel hasn't change since 1996.And you try and screw people.lol I'm just LMAO!

I'll bet your talking about the Comfort Inn in Ironwood. If that's the case, I do feel its the nicest/cleanest in the area. They also have a above average free breakfast and cookies in the evening. Throw in a pool as well. I don't mind the price given the quality staff.

cabin800

I'll bet your talking about the Comfort Inn in Ironwood. If that's the case, I do feel its the nicest/cleanest in the area. They also have a above average free breakfast and cookies in the evening. Throw in a pool as well. I don't mind the price given the quality staff.
Nope.....no pool at this place.very small place.

arcticgeorge

Cant be the Comfort in he said a small hotel? I'm curious which one? I know the owner of two of them on route 2 and I know there's no way he'd charge that. . And I'm real curios if its one of the newly opened one's? They had some interesting individuals remodeling a few of them last summer. That's an obvious attempt to gouge some out of towners, you can get a place with a pool and hot tub for that.