Mother nature.... WHAT GIVES??!!!

euphoric1

here we go again another year of meaningful snows steering west and south of our corner of Wisconsin! Come on!!! throw us a bone here!! enough is enough!!

old abe

my brother and I have written off riding in southern Wisconsin..we keep our Iron in Michigan, however the truck gets alot of miles on it.
Pretty much been this way for 25 years now. Get very few years to able to ride Sconny where you really want to as it now seems? Sad, as we so much enjoy riding the Sconny trails in the western half of the state! From the south to north, as we could years back!

wisco-mb

You guys had an excellent season last year! Just can't count on it every year. In south central WI(Columbia), we have not had a good rideable January in over a decade. It goes north or south. Last year it went south. It seems the snow comes in February now for us. Weather patterns will change again.

whitedust

You guys had an excellent season last year! Just can't count on it every year. In south central WI(Columbia), we have not had a good rideable January in over a decade. It goes north or south. Last year it went south. It seems the snow comes in February now for us. Weather patterns will change again.
Yes we did did some say best season in 20 years. Soooo happy I got out here Racine / Walworth had to ride alone but learned a lot.

WorkHardPlayHrd

I was hoping it would track further east and we would get opened up here at least. Trails are panned, swamps busted open and refroze. We just need white stuff!🙏

euphoric1

Agreed and we had a lot of melting here yesterday, not that we had much anyways but it got a lot warmer than predicted and already warm and wet this morning again...FRUSTRATING!! I need it for my shop, snowplowing and play uuuugghh!!

mnuser

I have given up on having a reliable winter with ridable snow. I just buy a used sled on the years we have snow and then sell it in March. I take a 400-500 dollar or so hit on it and just look at it as a 3 month rental. With sleds renting for 250-300 each day, 500 bucks for three months is a great deal! Will have a 2018 Ski Doo 600 Ace for sale in about two months. Nice little sled to ride. If we get snow next winter, I will pick up a Ace 900 and see what they are like and then sell it. Haha.

1fujifilm

I have given up on having a reliable winter with ridable snow. I just buy a used sled on the years we have snow and then sell it in March. I take a 400-500 dollar or so hit on it and just look at it as a 3 month rental. With sleds renting for 250-300 each day, 500 bucks for three months is a great deal! Will have a 2018 Ski Doo 600 Ace for sale in about two months. Nice little sled to ride. If we get snow next winter, I will pick up a Ace 900 and see what they are like and then sell it. Haha.
Finally smarts show up here.

Bear

G

G

The very best part of snowmobiling season is the anticipation period. This is the time in the fall before it snows that you go out to your shed and clean and wax up your new or old horse. You might even wrench on it a little or add some aftermarket stuff. You sit on it and perhaps even start it. And dream of the places you will be going to in the upcoming winter. And the fun you will have.

Non-ownership would ruin that. Plus you would have to find something to take up space in your shed. Your wife would just make you rake the lawn or wash windows with that time you would have otherwise spent bonding with your sled. Bad idea to sell and just rent.

WorkHardPlayHrd

The very best part of snowmobiling season is the anticipation period. This is the time in the fall before it snows that you go out to your shed and clean and wax up your new or old horse. You might even wrench on it a little or add some aftermarket stuff. You sit on it and perhaps even start it. And dream of the places you will be going to in the upcoming winter. And the fun you will have.

Non-ownership would ruin that. Plus you would have to find something to take up space in your shed. Your wife would just make you rake the lawn or wash windows with that time you would have otherwise spent bonding with your sled. Bad idea to sell and just rent.
I would divorce my husband if the sleds left. They are a deal breaker. Nothing like torturing myself looking at it on a hot summers day.

mnuser

Why not just rent all the time?
Cause I can ride from my house to the lake and fish. Renting each time would be more than buying a brand new one. Simple math. On low snow years I tase the wheeler. In years with a lot of snow I buy a used one, ride it and then sell it cause I hate storing them. On the last one I lost 400 bucks. Show me a rental for a 3 months at 400.

mnuser

Haha. Funny. I have no attachment to them. Buy it, ride it and sell it.

pclark

Cause I can ride from my house to the lake and fish. Renting each time would be more than buying a brand new one. Simple math. On low snow years I tase the wheeler. In years with a lot of snow I buy a used one, ride it and then sell it cause I hate storing them. On the last one I lost 400 bucks. Show me a rental for a 3 months at 400.
Makes sense to me, didn't know your whole story, thought you just rode occasionally.

wisco-mb

Saw this posted today. Here are some cities that currently have received more snow than Southern WI.
Harrison, AR: 13"
Washington DC: 12.1"
Lexington, KY: 11.9"
Roanoke, VA: 10.1"
Nashville, TN: 9.3"

chords

I bought used in 98 and still going strong in 22. Mostly on lake and fish now.

24 yrs divided by $ 1,000 = simple math *** and no annual trail pass ***

xsledder

I bought used in 98 and still going strong in 22. Mostly on lake and fish now.

24 yrs divided by $ 1,000 = simple math *** and no annual trail pass ***

That is 0.024 years/$. Or did you mean $1,000 divided by 24 years which is ~ $42/yr.