Mountain performance shops?

sleddheadd

We belong to a small club from the Midwest and we are planning a trip to Idaho for the 2013 season. does anyone have any suggestions of a good shop that would be able to help some flatlanders with proper clutching and jetting for the mountains. we are planning on only riding on the trails and there might be some light boondocking going on. I'd just like to know who you guys suggest to contact for a good clutch kit. We will have different makes and models joining us from our club, so please keep that in mind when suggesting.
Thank you very much for your help!

ezra

if driving a cat just look under the hood all you need is on a sticker under the hood. all dealers can rejet and clutch for what ealavation you will be at.and if the guys are running mod sleds they already know what to do.
most sleds can be tuned for elevation in under 35min for under 60bucks in parts.

jonw

Where in Idaho are you going? If anywhere near Jackson Hole, Eric Kaye at the Racin' Station in Driggs, ID is a good mountain sled mechanic.

ezra

if you guys are doing a tour thrugh somthing like www.momsmotorsports.com or deckers they usualy have alt adj service if you need it.
prob not a bad way to go a gig like moms if your crew is large enough to fill the truck

snobinge

Where in the midwest are you located and the make model of sleds? You can probably get all the info you need to DIY on this site or the brand specific forums.

sleddheadd

We are kind of scattered all over the place. northern, ill. central, Ill. a few from Mi. some Yammy's, some Doo's, some cats.
We are going to Island Park, we heard it was a great place for the all around rider, plenty of groomed trails for the trail riders and plenty of off trail for the boondockers.
We talked to Mom's and could have filled their truck plus needed more but they were way to high on their prices. It might be nice if only a few of us were going and we could jump in with a group but not for this circumstance. I was hoping to find a good online shop and have my sleds ready to rock before leaving town. Maybe , We'll just contact the local shops over there and see what they charge.

Hoosier

We are kind of scattered all over the place. northern, ill. central, Ill. a few from Mi. some Yammy's, some Doo's, some cats.
We are going to Island Park, we heard it was a great place for the all around rider, plenty of groomed trails for the trail riders and plenty of off trail for the boondockers.
We talked to Mom's and could have filled their truck plus needed more but they were way to high on their prices. It might be nice if only a few of us were going and we could jump in with a group but not for this circumstance. I was hoping to find a good online shop and have my sleds ready to rock before leaving town. Maybe , We'll just contact the local shops over there and see what they charge.

Last season we made a last minute decision to go to Wyoming (stayed at the Old Corral in Centennial), as there was little snow in the midwest. 1 cat efi and 2 carb poo 600's. For the Cat, we just changed clutch weights (the Cat guy had them from a prior trip). For the Poo 600 carbs, we dropped them off at a Polaris dealer in Laramie on the way out there to be rejetted (didn't feel like dealing with the carbs, plus it was a last minute decision so we didn't have the jets). Cost was $60 each and it only took them an hour or so. We also bought the clutch weights there and changed them in the parking lot. So, it's actually very simple to adjust them for the altitude.

set the sleds up based on the sticker under the hood as above mentioned or in the service manual they give you all the carb and clutch settings..if you mechanically able do it yourself or take it to a dealer. very simple job to do, alot of places out west get short with people calling for free advise and help