Mountain tracks?

I purchased my first summit this year 2.5" track. My question is how fast can you drive on the trail without destroying the track. To some of the spots that I off trail ride it might be 10-30 miles. I was riding this past weekend and there was lots of lose snow on trail and i kept it under 60 mph. I know the sled was not intended for long hard pack conditions, but trail riding is unavoidable at times. I would appreciate peoples incite . Sled ran cool on the trail (3 bars) same as off trail. 850 Summit X 154

sjb

You will be fine. I ride with guys who will run the trails for 100's of miles on their mountain sleds and no issues. Only thing to watch for are temps as you have done, and making sure you get enough lube. Adding a set of ice scratchers are not a bad idea.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
My 18 Axys RMK has a 155x2.6, it Polaris recommends not exceeding 60 mph on hard pack. I always run my scratchers down, even if there is loose snow on the trail.

Thx for the replies, the sled came with rail attached scratchers I’ve haven’t played with them yet. I read that some guys only use one at time so they last longer?

Pmknman

Trails mean scratchers down... I hit 81 mph on the grade all the time... helps to get out the extra snow and ice when she gets really warmed up that’s my idea lol...oh ya 81 is to the bars.. 17 cat high country 2.25 inch lug...