msrunningbear, has this cold weather caused the Paulding Light to show up less often?

matti

lol, I'm talking about the REAL Paulding Light...not the fake light caused by car headlights.

matti

Well, I FINALLY made it out to the Paulding Light this past weekend. I am on vacation so I decided to spend the night in Eagle River. I had no plans so I drove to the light at about 7pm on Saturday night. It was very dark, cold (5F), and quiet. Lo and behold, I saw the light twice. I can't believe it took me over a decade to finally get there!

lofsfire

Well, I FINALLY made it out to the Paulding Light this past weekend. I am on vacation so I decided to spend the night in Eagle River. I had no plans so I drove to the light at about 7pm on Saturday night. It was very dark, cold (5F), and quiet. Lo and behold, I saw the light twice. I can't believe it took me over a decade to finally get there!
It's one of those things you got to do when you're in the area. But I will say I stopped in June of 2016 with the kids and it was not the same experience as the winter.

If you go in the winter it's typically just you and your group. Maybe one other group or another car but that's about it. I went on a Sunday night with my kids trying to hype it all up and when I pulled up there were cars lining both sides of the road for a half mile down. And that was around 11:00 at night maybe later. I was really surprised to see that many people that night. But part of that eeriness that goes with seeing the light is being out there when everything's super still and dark.

Don't get me wrong my kids were 7 and 10 at that time. I made sure to show them on the map that the light was somewhere near the Running Bear, and then pointed out that is where we were staying for the night.

When we got up to the Running Bear and our cabin I told the kids to wait in the truck and I'd take the bags in. Those two were huddled together in the backseat when I came back. Both swearing that they "saw a light!" LOL

goofy600

I had my camp on same road as the light about 4 miles to south east so through the years went and took many people there always a good time. Even took the some of the film crew that filmed the Nimrod Nation for the Sundance channel out there the winter they were here.

srt20

We went there a few years back. Had a group up atving. We were only ones there when we first arrived, must have been around 11pm or so. Shortly after a group of teens or 20s showed up. We were kind of in our own groups but gathered near the guardrail.

One of our group went to sit on the guardrail and it moved and made a pretty loud noise. Scared the heck out of those young'ins. They screamed and jumped. It was hilarious!

matti

Been 30 years now and I still havent seen it....
Have you been there? When I went, I saw the "light" (i.e., car headlights) twice. I was completely alone and I must say it was a bit exciting, even though there's nothing paranormal about it.

pclark

Back in the day when I first saw it (47 years ago) it was only the locals that really knew about it. We happened to be in the Cisco Lake Bar, yes, drinking age was 18 back then and we went after bar time to see it in that frame of mind. Or maybe it was when we coming back from Barefoot Charlies in Land o Lakes? The good old days........

nhra1000

Have you been there? When I went, I saw the "light" (i.e., car headlights) twice. I was completely alone and I must say it was a bit exciting, even though there's nothing paranormal about it.
Yes been there too many times to count....I've never seen anything.

longtrack

Been there many times, never saw it until one night I was coming down Bass Lake Road east of 45 and there it was.

It was not head Lights.