Munising area info

Tuck

Will be in Munising area next week at this time. I have rode through that area but have not stayed there. Have a few questions if any have answers, thank you ahead of time. Ice caves on Grand Island is there ice to get out to them or will be doing the land ice cave viewing? During a summer trip through the area we found a bar in town with a nice lady making pizzas in a wood fired oven on the back patio, some good stuff it was. I do not recall the name of the place and am assuming it is only a summer kitchen but hey you don't know unless you ask. Will be staying south of town off Indian town rd. Looks like it is a tad from the trail there is supposed to be a trail through the woods to get to main trail. What are the good food stops in the area?

vmaxal

Beware, sounds like SORVA (grooming club) is down 2 or 3 groomers and counting on neighborly clubs helping out to get by right now. Just don't expect perfection...

Tuck

thanks, I saw that post about having mechanical issue with groomers. it is what it is, we spend most of out time on fire roads or in the legal of trail areas. Glad to read Bear Trap, been there before and was a good time. I had heard they were closed last year glad they are not.

Carbide

Trails were all very nice today. Some were good Friday and Saturday.

Rode from Munising to Marquette, Grand Marais, Big Springs, and all areas in between.

Had a blast.