Munising - Miners Trail 422 WARNING

snocrazy

Timber Products.... The anti snowmobile and orv company.....
Have gone past their property which we rerouted the trail around and derailed 2 train cars blocking the trail.
This is a total **** show. Stay tuned. DNR being called first thing in the morning.
Timber Products or the railroad did not even bother to contact Alger SORVA or the DNR to let any one know.
You can get around to the East. But we cant get the groomer through. One option is to go back to the old route over Timber Products property but I have a funny felling they wont allow. They birmed up snow pretty high on both side to stop people from going that route.

HIGHLANDER

this is crazy, if the 2 rail cars are pushed past the rail stops 100 yards out...they must be on the ground? how did they get them that far out?
i saw the picture on the sorva facebook page...sure is an a$$whole thing to do!

old abe

Hard for me to see the railroad intentionally derailing any cars??? And as HIGHLANDER said they have to on the ground. The railroads don't like these derailments at all. And not good weather to be out re-railing any cars, anywhere. Not contacting Sorva and DNR is a dangerous bad deal. But the result is the same. Good luck with this snocrazy!!!

snocrazy

There are tracks going past the trail about 100 yards. So old and decayed.... Trees even growing on them. The end of the line with those metal stops on tracks was at least 50 yards to the west of the trail. They must have blasted past those. Then hit the trail where the tracks are buried in dirt. re-rail crew will have fun today!

snocrazy

Timber Products used a loader to push these 2 cars. There was no locomotive. re-rail crew out there today. Sure the trail will be tore up real good.

Modman440

Seen the pic on the fb page when it was posted that’s crazy! I wonder if they realize they can get into some serious poo poo for doing something like that! Specially if the cars are on in maintained track if someone was to hit those cars and get seriously hurt they are 110% liable since they were never reported to proper authorities. Plus how on the eeeef did they move those things???

MOd