Muzzleloader in Wisconsin

dwayneg

So we're getting tired of the regular gun season with all the hunters. Plus it's hard to miss T-giving and we have to end our gun season early. Any thoughts, good or bad, about muzzleloader season in Cable Wi. area? Anyone had good luck or is it too late in the season to be worth the time? We hunt for meat, does or bucks don't matter. Always nice to shoot a big buck! I know the season is over, I meant, in general, is that part of December still a good time to hunt up north?

Last edited:

steve1

December is tough you get what ever is left after both bow and rifle season. Get a crossbowm, you'll have a better chance getting a buck!

deerhunter

what does a crossbow have to do with getting a buck? late season hunting is hard but if you have a good food source you can hunt its worth it. the deer are there. to many people are still set on the days when there was deer everywere! to many peolple use the excuse of wolves because they expect to see deer even though opening morning was the first time they set foot in the woods for the year. i say this because i know of several friends that hunt in the north woods that dont seem to have a problem getting deer. but they also put there time in on finding them

steve1

I am talking simple numbers. Would you rather hunt in September before 220,000 deer are harvested or after? You simply have better odds of taking a buck during bow season before everyone else starts hunting.