MXZ VALUE

slayinbucks

I would like as many people as I could get to give me there opinions on what my old sled is worth. I have upgraded to a 06 renegade, so I am trying to decide if I could part with my mxz. It is a 1996 mxz583, condition near showroom. The only marks on it are just a few on the trailing arms. Paint on the tunnel still looks like brand new, I have babied this thing to death. I have many extra parts including everything to make it completly stock again. There is 4000 miles on it, and maybe 1500 on a new top end due to bad gas. Always trailered enclosed and stored indoors. I know it's a 1996 and wont have great value, but all views will help. Here are a few photos, I don't have any of the engine compartment, but everything is super clean and all surfaces are polished. I could take some if some would like to see. These pics are from Feb. 09

ca pro skis w/ shaper bars
144 studs
extra 3" riser
4" pivot risor
hand guards
stainless braided brake line
all lines and wires under the hood have colored braiding
ad boivin coupling kit
softer spring kit plus original
running board trim
custom painted rear bumper w/ rubberized grip coating
yellow flap, windshield, front bumper, rear bumper guides, skid plate
all original black of above including the handle bar cover
short, medium tinted black windshields
original skis w/ yellow ski skins
electric shield plug
mirrors

116675.jpg

116676.jpg

116677.jpg

mikes99ss

I will not insult your beautiful machine with what i think it is worth. But with that said i think it is worth alot more to you than it will be worth to most other people. Nice sled though!!

slayinbucks

No insults taken, I realize sleds like mine aren't worth a whole heck of alot. It still has tons of value to me, but I also know what the reality is. With a new sled here now, having room for 3 is seeming not possible. I did always see myself driving it at vintage shows 20 years from now, but it's probably best to find a new home for it.

mikes99ss

here is a tip for ya though if you are set on selling it. Take the riser blocks out and hand guards off. With them gone i would guess that the sled is worth 1200-1600. Those ol mxz's where a great sled, a great seller and thus in great supply driving down there value.

slayinbucks

I was planning on it, I either have a 2 inch riser that fits under the handle bar cover so it looks stock and will still give you a better ride or just plain stock height, either way the handle bar cover will be on and look more finished. Hand guards will go on my new sled.

snowbuff

As bad as it sounds to you, it's olny worth about 1100.00-1500.00 so Mikes99 is right on. Unless you can find someone looking for that sled.

My .02
Sorry, It is a sweet sled.

whitedust

Here is the flip side . I sold my 583 1998 GT with 1700 miles for $3,800 last December. Blue Book was about $2000. The sled was CHERRY & 580s RAVE are bullet proof engines. I just told the guy I wanted $4K & would not sell for less & he would never find a better 2up sled in the area which he already knew. Part of it was supply & demand.....no used 2ups available anywhere in the area. We settled on $3800 cash & he & his daughter rode off into the sunset happy as can be. The GT had all the current sled features & Yes this was an implusive buyer but that happens a lot with snow flying & holiday time off to ride right now. All I can tell ya is set a bottom line in your mind & then get the word out the sled is for sale. Then weigh the offers that come in to the emotional value of your sled to you. It just made sense to let the the GT go @ 2X the BB value even tho I had a hard time letting the sled go. A year later & I'm glad I sold the sled as would not have been used more than maybe 25 miles for ice fishing. There is a time to let go.

dab102999

Whitedust has a good point there. You probably ain't never going to find that one that clean again. I would have a real hard time selling that one, I would even find a way to store it if I had to. Set a price and don't budge. My grandpa always used to say, set a price and put it up for sale. If it don't sell in a month start upping the price $100 a week. If someone really wants it they will buy it.