MXZ1200TNT fuel guage problem.....

danzo

My 09 MXZ1200TNT fuel gauge isn't working. Today I put in 5 gallons of fresh gas and fired it up. Runs great but then I see the "gas light" is on and the "fuel bars" on the display show empty. I checked the fuse block mounted by the muffler and they were all good. Anyone know of problems with this model fuel gauge display and how to fix it? I appreciate the help...Thanks...Snow is coming!!

Go Fast or Go Home

I have owned 10 Ski-Doo snowmobiles as well as numerous Can Am ATVs and Side x Sides and none of them have had an accurate fuel gauge.

After you hit a few bumps in the trail it may or may not start working.

I tried to repair the gauge by changing to a blade type fuse -vs- the inline without much luck.

When I fill up I keep a check on my odometer and start looking for fuel around 90-100 miles.

Not sure if this advice is what your looking for, but its all I got.

Don~

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is an adjustment on the outside front left bottom of the gas tank. It's down where the tank meets the tunnel. With a flashlight look for an adjustment dial about the size of a quarter. On the dial is an arrow, you have to look close and that arrow should be pointed straight up. Basically you're adjusting the float on the inside of the tank so it reads more accurately. I'd put another 5 gallons in to get a full reading. I usually have to tweek that thing once a year myself.

danzo

I loosened the fuel tank to get at the fuse. Checked it and it was good. Not the problem. When the sled was put away in the spring is was almost empty. When I had the tank loose today I just shook it up and down and then looked at the gauge panel...it works and is accurate. The sender must have stuck in place. A bottle of Techron and a fill up and I'm good to gooooooo........

heckler56

One trick to try is tip the sled on it's side and shake it a little. That can free a stuck float.

My gauge is off just like others here have said. The replacement cost for the sending unit keeps me away from any adjustments or modifications.