My Dad - Crystal Lake, IL

snocrazy

My dad was attacked by a wackjob and stabbed 23 times. He has been in the hospital for over 2 weeks and had multiple surgeries.
He is going to make it but the healing process is going to be a long one. He is 72 years old. He is a retired Local 150 Operator.
He is not one to sit by and watch some one get murdered and stepped in. He almost paid the ultimate price.... his life.

If any one is interested in helping an old irish guy out who would give you the shirt off his back, here is the link to the gofundme that has been set up for him to help pay medical bills.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/tim-o039neill-medical-fund

D

Deleted member 10829

Wow, that is sad snocrazy! I sure hope they caught the guy and he gets the book thrown at him. Prayers for your day to make a full recovery.

old abe

Too many WACKOS out and about these days. Just no self responsibility period! Glad to hear they caught the Ahole. Thoughts and prayers to your father!

heckler56

Wow. Thoughts and prayers for your father. What a selfless act on his part. I guess we know where you get it from Snocrazy.

sjb

If he "found" the $50K for bail, he really should be spending that money to pay for some doctor bills.

mezz

Now that is out right nuts! Kudos to your Dad for stepping into a dangerous situation. Hope his healing goes well. -Mezz

POLARISDAN

My dad was attacked by a wackjob and stabbed 23 times. He has been in the hospital for over 2 weeks and had multiple surgeries.
He is going to make it but the healing process is going to be a long one. He is 72 years old. He is a retired Local 150 Operator.
He is not one to sit by and watch some one get murdered and stepped in. He almost paid the ultimate price.... his life.

If any one is interested in helping an old irish guy out who would give you the shirt off his back, here is the link to the gofundme that has been set up for him to help pay medical bills.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/tim-o039neill-medical-fund

done..my god..my old stomping grounds..what has happened to Illinois?????

sjb

Donated. People wonder why conceal and carry is a thing...

And IL, especially CHI, believe more gun control is the answer. I say arm as many sane people with guns as possible and give them the free training needed to safely operate the gun and a lot of these issues go away.

snocrazy

old man is out the hospital. Nurses come by daily to change bandages. Slowly healing. Going good so far.
He is still hurting and is being forced to walk - exercise.
Thanks for all of the support.

Sandylake

Snocrazy,
That is a horrible situation your dad and you and your family went through. Much mojo and healing wishes sent.
Glad to hear that your dad is going to be okay.

D

Deleted member 10829

So good to hear he is home and doing well! I can't even imagine being stabbed that many times and having to take care of all of those wounds. He is truly a lucky man! We are all pulling for him!