My First Snowmobile was a .....

skiroule

I got a kick out of your story about how much the old Johnson would pull. My dad also had a 67 Skee-Horse. It was well used when he bought it and it didn’t come with a seat so he built a bench seat and added a sofa cushion. It was like riding a couch and about the same size. He used to trap beaver in the spring and would pull a small aluminum boat though the woods with it so he could get out on the ponds to set traps. Didn’t really matter whether there was snow or not.

rv245

The first sled we had was a 67 Silverline T-Bird (off brand of a Yukon King), that I dad bought during the blizzard of 67. I road the crap out of it, along with all the fixing of it. The sled had a 10hp JLO single with a recoiler that had a metal cable that constantly need fixing. The first sled that I bought on my own was a 71 Elan. I saved my paper route money like forever to buy that sled. In all honestly that is probably my favorite sled of all time and I've had a lot of great sleds. Maybe because it was my first sled, but than again that sled could go anywhere, never had a problem with it either.

mike1970

1976 Arctic Cat Jag 3000 for me. So many good times on that sled that I can't even recount them all. The odometer stopped working at 7000 miles. Rode it for several more seasons before my dad finally got rid of it and I upgraded to a 1983 Polaris Cutlass. It was our first oil injected sled and had direct drive.