My new vintage ride

GTL

Picked this one up at auction. Clean 1987 Ski-Doo Stratos. Electric start 503 fan. If anyone knows of a source for parts let me know please, I'm finding out this one is really big turd that didn't sell very well!!!! IMG_6963.jpg IMG_6964.jpg IMG_6965.jpg IMG_6966.jpg IMG_6967.jpg IMG_6968.jpg IMG_6969.jpg Drove it into the trailer, doesn't need much, but a few rubber parts would be nice.

skiroule

It's clean alright! Plus, it has an important feature that you've been looking for: electric start.

Looks like it has some type of "pogo stick" front suspension - probably works at least as well as 1 1/2" of leaf travel.

GTL

Man that looks REALLY clean. What auction were you at?
Fahey auctioneers in Glencoe, MN. had a huge "vintage" auction two weeks ago. About 150 sleds. Most went pretty cheap, and of course a couple went crazy high. I got this one for $275. Runs, buts needs rubber parts and I needed to rebuild the starter. It will be at Waconia in the survivor class.

- - - Updated - - -

It's clean alright! Plus, it has an important feature that you've been looking for: electric start.

Looks like it has some type of "pogo stick" front suspension - probably works at least as well as 1 1/2" of leaf travel.
Yep it sure is "some kind of" pogo stick suspension. I am finding it will be hard to find parts for too. You are right ---- it has electric start and I am glad for that, it was the determining factor in buying it.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Call Simonars of Luxemburg, WI at 920-845-2725 they have tons of parts new and used.

Sure thing, I wouldn't be surprised if they had the exact same machine there to pick from. Just an incredible collection of old ski doo's, engines and parts.