National Guard Indycar

goingnorth

Hey dmsrx,

Did I see that one of your owners, I mean ex-bear quarterbacks, or 49'ers coaches is the pace car driver?

Good luck this sunday!

dmsrx

Harbaugh is going to drive the pace car but just for the laps before the start. Rutherford does it during the race. Cars are all rebuilt and ready for the final practice tomorrow. If all goes well we'll just polish them up and put them on the grid Sunday.
Thanks for all the well wishes and hope we give all of you something to cheer for...
Dan

dmsrx

Tough is an understatement. Crashing on the start of the third lap is hard to take. Too much too soon. But the first year (2011) we ran JR he crashed on the last turn of the last lap with almost a 1/2 lap lead for the win. THAT was hard to take. Feel bad for my crew. They work way too hard for a result like this. You never stop thinking of Indy but we have to be in Detroit Wed. a.m. for a double header next weekend. JR's car was apart and loaded in the hauler before the race was over and Bells car was apart and stripped for a rewrap, loaded up and headed for the shop by 7:00 and will be a backup car at Detroit. The primary car needs the engine from the crashed car installed and the 4 uprights (spindles) bolted on. So not much time to pout!

goingnorth

I know JR would have been in the mix of things with the speeds he had this month . Very exciting race. We were really looking forward to the last four laps. It was setting itself up for a real shoot out. It seemed like the crowd around us stayed put all race and didn't leave seats much as there was action on every lap. 70+ lead changes.

Hard to follow the race from the stands without headsets etc. But it appeared that Townsend Bell had moved up throughout the race. I cannot even imagine what it would be like to lead a lap at the speedway like he did.

For those that haven't been, give it try sometime. To see what these guys can do with these cars is truley amazing. 133 consecutive green lap @ 220 mph +. That's a testament not only to the drivers but the whole team. Great Job Dan.

Everything about Indy and Indianapolis is great. The Race, the town, the crowd, the track is first class.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Indy cars in Milwaukee in June.

dmsrx

If you make it to the race stop by the hauler and say Hi goingnorth. Fri. is a pretty busy schedule but Sat. shouldn't be too bad.Ask for Dan