Need a sled partner

jbackens

Years past, I've had some buddies that ride with me just before Christmas. I can say those trips were some of the best riding conditions I've rode. It's before just before the 'Week between Christmas and New years' rush, while the trails are still in good shape. I want to go this year, but none of my buddies are available. Here's what I have in mind. Let me know if you want to make a day's ride doing this.

I'd like to ride from Land O Lakes to Copper and Back Day ride (or as far as we can go if the bridge is not down). I need a riding partner... Here's my plan for either Dec 11-13 or Dec 18-20...

Do you think you could do just a one-day trip? Maybe take off just one day Thursday (Dec (12) or 19) and we’d ride that day? Here’s what I was thinking…
• Wednesday (Dec (11) or 18) – I’d leave after work and drive to Land-o-lakes for an overnight
• Thursday (Dec (12) or 19) – take off early am and ride to from Land-o-lakes to Copper Harbor and back to Land-o-lakes that same day. IT's about 150 miles one way. We'd then load up and go back home late Thursday night (optionally staying in Land O Lakes one more night leaving Friday am)
• Friday (Dec (13) or 20) – you’d be home to work (or leave to go home)

I figured there's probably another guy in my shoes that wants to sneak in a ride for a day, but can't find any buddies to ride with them. I've done this day loop several times. It's a long day's ride (about 300 miles), but very doable, especially if the trails are in good shape. About me? I've been sledding for about 25 years. I'm a 43 guy and ride a 2004 Skidoo GSX 800. I'm a 'Slow and steady wins the race' kind of guy as I don't ride too fast, but steadily keep moving. I can ride all day if the trails are nice. I've been following John Dee since he moved up to the UP and figured I could find a like-minded person to ride with me for the day. It's worth a shot.

So that's what I want to do... you interested? Let me know... If the Houghton Bridge is not down, may not be able to go the entire way, but we'd make a day of it regardless.

Justin 815-621-0145 if interested.

harvest1121

I really do not make too many plans but if I am up there your welcome to ride with us. Stay in Minocqua (house) just let me know when your riding

jbackens

Wow... Harvest1121! That's so cool of you. Thanks! I may take you up on the offer. Likely next week (Dec 19 & 20) if it works out for you. I'm open to riding wherever as I just want to get out there before Christmas. I'll be in touch.