Need advise on a different motorcycle

Pizza Man

We have a Goldwing 1800 Trike which I'm sure you are not in the market for.
But it is comfy and wife loves it.
Tour 600 mile a day with no problems.

You might want to look at the new Victory's.
Kind of a different style but I've heard a lot of good reports about it

ezra

well if looking in to used bikes and you like the goldwing why not look in to the Valkyrie.
I had one for a bit I traded a job for I thought it was a sweet ride I know the guy I sold it to and it had over 75k on it last summer and still no major work done to it just maintnance.
BTW I loved the look of 6 pipes coming out the back
dont see a lot of them around so you dont have to wory about looking like the 5 other guys you pull up next to at the stop light that day who just bought a new bad *** alter ego

Last edited:

squat

Not sure. A friend of mine had it done. Thats all I know. I will shoot him an e-mail but I think it was the local Honda dealer.

edmarino

I would recomend you consider triking your bike with 22000 miles a Honda Gold Wing is still new. YOu can keep every thing you now have and add the stabililty you are looking for. Your wife will love the bike as a trike once she has a chance to ride on it. I would visit a dealer that has trikes and take one for a ride. With your wife along of course .Then again you may not want to do this, because she will want one. Look for one with independent suspension. Most dealers will not have a 1500 but the feel of a trike will not be that different from a 1800 to a1500. The cost of triking will be about the same as buying a new bike of a diifferent make but you have a known ride and every thing you like right now.

Firecatguy

ya buy new now....yes they do have you bring it back at 1000 miles to get a 500$ oil change then again at 5000 and again at 10,000.......

as for the origanal question.....I just picked up a street glide and this thing is smooth and comfy very quiet also......you should look at touring bikes from HD....you can lower them 2 diffrent ways..........I take that back 3 was now.....shocks and sus.....or a bracket that lowers the bike or.....they have a frame pieces for under the seat that you install and dropes the seat hight 2i

xcsp

as for the origanal question.....I just picked up a street glide and this thing is smooth and comfy very quiet also......you should look at touring bikes from HD....you can lower them 2 diffrent ways..........I take that back 3 was now.....shocks and sus.....or a bracket that lowers the bike or.....they have a frame pieces for under the seat that you install and dropes the seat hight 2i

My brother has a '10 StreetGlide and at the stock ride height, I can sit on it and flat-foot it, and I'm only 5'6".

The new H-D's with the 103 engine are pretty nice rides.

Goldwing to Roadglide

I sold my 91 wing and bought a 2012 Roadglide Ultra last fall. I love the change although I did not get much lower to the ground, I too am 5'10". My wife was concerned about the ride and noise and it really is no different and is actually smoother (much newer as well).

A friend had the training wheels on his 99 wing and liked them a lot, maybe a cheaper solution to a trike kit. Hit one button and they drop at a stop.

mebearman

Considering a insta-trike kit but also looking into a campion trike kit with solid axle that I could install myself.

Any thoughts?

edmarino

while the trike kit is better then the insta trike a solid axle trike will ride very ruff compared to independent suspention. you asked for thoughts.