Need Health Insurance Advice

Dave_B

I am looking for opinions from insurance agents/experts.

Being self employed, we currently offer health insurance, and pay for it, to our employees.
Thanks to the broomstick we have in office, the cost of that has forced us to make a decision to decline coverage.
If we continue as we are, it will put us out of business so, we are requiring employees to find their own coverage.

I am looking for input on ways to seek out plans that will be affordable, and realistic, to present to them.

You can post here or, email me at dbaxter@harbourmortgage.com if you would prefer.

Thanks in advance!
Dave

Not interested in opinions of those who may disagree with me on the current healthcare act or the person in charge of sailing the ship responsible for this impending disaster.

polarisrider1

Well Dave........ You usually call me on this stuff. Look into Blue Care Network. You will need a company that takes everyone and anyone. Eleviated Liver Enzimes can be an issue. I lucked out and was told I was Grandfathered in and so was my wife (different Ins. company then me) When I asked why I was not cancelled like everyone else I know, I got a long pause on the phone. Must be the tens of thousands I have sent in without any claims??? p.s. we are holding the "Fireball free for all" this Friday (Harbor Springs) then heading to ride Mackinaw Island Saturday morning then on to Grand Marais balance of Sat. and Sunday for the "Kingston Kicker".

Dave_B

I may join you this weekend but...
Pre-existing conditions are not supposed to be a factor you liver killer!

I'll call you but, still want some real advise from someone other than an overpriced tile dude who COULD pay for both of us! :)

I feel obligated to give my employees options other than oblabla care to look into.

durphee

For our business we always looked into insurance "wholesaler" who deal with many insurance companies and they find you the best deal, then look into it yourself also (gotta make sure your still getting the best deal) Our company did that every year for the last 15 years. Insurance rates have been climbing crazy fast for the last decade, probably longer. It saved us tons of money.

I should add, we have 12 employees; not sure if that makes a difference for you.

Dave_B

We currently deal with a wholesaler. The key, as you stated, is rates are skyrocketing. We can't afford to continue to pay for employee insurance.

Trying to get them to obtain their own individual plans and give them a direction to go other than Barack Husain Insurance.

Could just say "go figure it out" but, trying to be humane about it.