Need help diagnosing 2006 F6 Speedometer problem

bigfoot

Speedometer quit working, rpm's still work. Not hearing any strange noises. Soooo....speedo, speedo key, or bearings? Sled has a little over 6,000 miles. I put my hand up on the drive shaft and didn't feel any movement. Any suggestions on where to dig in?

Thanks!

big10champ2003

Just wondering but does that have the Diamond Drive in it? I have an 06 M7, it has the Diamond Drive, and there is a speedo sensor that plugs into the DD. If you have that it could be possible you broke (cut) one of the wires and that could be your issue. Wire is small and behind the secondary clutch. (probably tucked up in by the foot rest as well) You can also see it if you look under your sled at the drive shaft on the DD side... it is held in place with a plastic plug.

Just a thought........ if you even have the DD? Good Luck

bigfoot

Yes to dd. I will look for those wires.

If not the wires, can anyone tell me how changing bearings in a dd versus a chaincase compares?

ezra

the sensor wire is kind of up in the foot well.
dd and speedo failure are not related like on older sleds .
can u still switch from screen to screen so say your tach is analog and speedo is digital vice a verse. and speedo still not working but shows RPM on analog ?

ezra

the sensor is bad then .
4639-326
check conections first u will have to pull dimond drive to get sensor out.
to pull dd u need to get all your extensions to get boilt holding driver to dimond drive .stick in to brake side of shaft and un bolt.
then pull 2ndary clutch and rubber stoper betweenbulk head. there is a nut behind it pull rest of nuts around dimond drive then pry drive out.
ez job prob 15 /25 min your first time .
now that it is out take it apart and inspect and clean it all up should be no brass shavings if there is check back for more info