Need help on Vintage Sled Wiring (( Yamaha sl 292 )) Harness spark when key is off

1-snowbullet

Help -- I retrofitted a sl 292 out of a 71-72 Yamaha in my Viking Sled .. the wire harness key switch and harness out of eng. are plug n play so i thought -- 1 red 1 green 1 red-yellow 1 black -- also off eng extra 1 yellow --off key switch one extra blue and a blue- white extra .. now all hooked up except for extra wires and red-yellow switch in off position does no kill spark what did i do wrong ?? or what do i have to add ?? and yes eng is grounded and head lightis hooked up to plug n play off key switch .. please no smart comments im lost other friend lost on his also same problem but on stock 73 sl292 he is restoring .. ive tryed plugging and unplugging almost every possible combination still nothing changes still have spark when key is in off position .

jimfsr

best guess...the yellow is power for lights.yellow/red is pulse, green-not sure, ground probably, black is to kill switch. red is ignition voltage. Grounding the black wire should kill the motor. the C model had e-start, the B model did not. So the C model would have an extra wire to charge the battery. May have to remove the flywheel to see what wires go where, but based on my experience with the older Yamaha motors, this should get you in the right direction.On the key switch... extra blue/bl-w are for e-start probably.
Don't forget your dealing with point and condenser here...
Let me know how you come out on this

1-snowbullet

thanks a bunch for reply -- will check over with multi meter yup no electric start -- why the heck would you need it pulls over nice nothing like a tripple or a twinn l.o.l. .. figured out for now to ground black to chassie till i can get a better look at things with it running and a multi meter .. have to install carb back on the thing had a little problem with that but fixed now little plug rusted out wouldent idel .. run like the wind 1/2 to full throttel though l.o.l. 25 cent fix .. thank god it wasent those diaframs big $$ i hear after market dont work . anyways thanks again ..

1-snowbullet

well got to reasearching and multimeatering well the switch and kill switch that are stock off the sled are getting removed .. going old school on it older ground type switch and cat teather are going to work with a toggle for lights since it doesnt have break lights just a light for a tail light .. should work great will find out tonight ..

1-snowbullet

421097_348352381862346_100000627603106_1101196_1843670303_n.jpg I got it --all good now !! black to key to kill to ground red tach green to lights all working great !! now running and able to move on its own and shut off properly and have lights .. now just need to figure out the secondary clutching make it whine out more used a 340 enticer drive set up in sled running a 292 eng clutch opens up to fast so eng wont whine out.. 409390_348352208529030_100000627603106_1101195_283460129_n.jpg