Need help pricing sleds

chipmunk

A family friend is selling 2 polaris sled and I am interested but need help with the price.He doesnt know what to ask and I dont know what to offer.1 sled is a 1999 500 classic with all the goodies,it is in showroom condition with 113 actual miles.The othe is a 500 classic touring in showroom shape with 430 miles.Both come with covers and stands.There is also a 1998 loadmaster 2-place enclosed trailer tha is also in perfect shape and has traveled a total of 200 miles.Need help coming up with a fair offer.Thanks

2000sxr700

The 500 classic according to kelly blue book, the trade in value is worth $1085.00. The 500 classic touring (assuming it is a 1999, you did not list that) is worth $1185.00 trade in value. the trailer should be worth $500-$600 atleast. offer $2500.00 for the total package and see if he bites on it. If he does, I would say you got a nice deal.

ezra

the trailer is a coverd wagon I would say the trailer if 8.5 wide is good for 1600 or more in under 8ft wide 1100.the prob is he still knows what he payed and it is going to sting bad knowing the 430MI cost him about 30 bucks a MI.just tell him the blue book and check his reaction and play it from that point.you dont want to piss him off or he may say f it I will keep them before I give them away.like I sed let him know blue book let that soak in and then ask him in a few days if he has fig a price yet or he may say ok just give me 2500 and get this <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> out of my yard I am sick of mowing around it .eather way that fuji 500 rocks I have seen a few with over 8k on them

chords

Wow. Couple of rides and out.
This could be the triple jackpot. Prob stored inside for the last 9 yrs. With a little backyard maint this fall you would be all set.

A hassle free and quick sale for both of you, My guess is $ 2,700?

chipmunk

They havent been ridden or started for at least 2 yrs so I am a little concerned about that.The 2-up is also an 1999 and the trailer is a tandem axle with 4000 lb max cap.

wags

Elec start? If so new batts, new plugs, drain the gas, add a can of seafoam in each tank and refill, drain the oil and refill with fresh, grease all the zurks and see what happens.

I would at least see if they will start before making an offer but I would do the above work which is minimum after you buy them. If it doesn't work them most likely the carbs will need to be pulled and cleaned/rebuilt. $2,600.00 if running, $2,000.00 if not.

ragex2

Is the trailer a clam-shell or V-nose w/ ramp doors? An enclosed trailer should be worth at least 2000, then add sleds $$. I guess probably maybe perhaps 4000 wouldn't hurt you too bad.

rakins800

if everything is clean and been stored inside,reguardless of needing some serious maintenance,$3,*** something would be fair,I think.

chipmunk

To answer a few questions.I think the 500 classic is on an Indy chassis,It has the xtra 12 susp.the 2-up is on the xtra 10.The trailer is a v-nose with ramp doors.

I sold a package very similar to this two winters ago. They belonged to our local HS principal who had MLS. He has passed on now. They had slightly more miles and the trailer was a FLOE clamshell. I believe that entire package sold for about $2500. I would say if they run etc as mentioned above, and the trailer is a ramp as you say- the package should easily bring $3500. If you don't buy them let me know via PM. Maybe I would.