Need help with track issue

2003polaris

I have a 2003 Polaris 600 touring with a 133.5 track, want to put a 136 track on it. Can't find rail extensions and really don't want to move suspension back. Any advice please let me know. Thanks

ezra

well then your olny option is to move skid back or change out to a larger driver and re gear if a larger driver will even fit .
we are taking 2.5 in total that is 1.25 in rear axel adjustability cant see how a larger wheel kit would not take out the slack. I have never had a track that needed the axel pulled all the way back always have at least 3/4 or more left . really not that big of a deal to drill the skid back a inch if need be.
I would call one of the billet wheel corps out there. most of those wheel kits have a block that moves axel center up and forward . I would bet u could flip blocks over to go up and back or they could machine one for u

mezz

you asked this same question like 3 years ago

http://www.johndee.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?39854-Track-extension

one word......FABCRAFT.com

wheels and extensions....tell em Indiana sent ya and have they seen don and linda stoen in awhile....tells em I said hi

Dam good memory Tracker, that's impressive! I don't know that I would want to worry about 2.5" of rail extension, other than having a "common" track length, not much sense in it. Why not go to a 144"? Then again, why not do as ezra suggested with an 8 or 9" rear idler. Simple & probably the most cost effective if not really interested in a longer track.-Mezz

xcr440

The real question in my mind is, are you sure that 2003 has a 133.5? I thought they quit with those in the late 90's and everything was 136" going forward. I know my '99 and '01 Polaris sleds were/are 136".

UP RIDER

I set one up a while back. Fabbed up some 1/4" aluminum extensions and just moved axel back a little and didn't touch the rails. That was on a 2002 Touring probably ten years ago.

2003polaris

Yes I did ask awhile ago, whats the big deal about it. Just asking again, cant find a track. Sorry for posting a question again.

T

Tracker

Yes I did ask awhile ago, whats the big deal about it. Just asking again, cant find a track. Sorry for posting a question again.

hey don't ever apologize again dude. I wasn't bashin you in anyway and don't want to be associated with the pukes that correct everything on here...just saw that you haven't done this yet that's all

so now that that's out of the way. heres 11 brand new ones of the 133.5 tracks for sale

http://www.arcticcatparts.ca/kimpex-kimpex-tracks-for-polaris-detail.htm?productid=9635299

untitled.JPG

Last edited:
T

Tracker

haha whats a better word then for... correcting pukes...cause there sure is a lot of them....LOL...hows my spelling?

mezz

"hows my spelling" Not so good...... how's (how is) my spelling? LOL! How's that?!? LOL!:eek: IMO, referring to others on the site in an open forum as " correcting pukes" is unnecessary, perhaps those emotions are best kept to yourself. Corrections to ones spelling here merely is intended & accepted by the majority here as a joke & nothing more.... Now back to your regularly scheduled program.;)-Mezz

T

Tracker

2003 did ya click that link I posted. its a CAT dealer but they have 11 new 133-1/2 Polaris tracks. was wondering how much they wanted for em and if ya swung for one or still do the MR HANEY MOD? LOL

2003polaris

$800.00 for track, need picture on how to extend rail. I was thinking cut off the rear skid and add a piece and weld end back on.

UP RIDER

Yeah all I did was cut off rear part of the skid that holds the axel with a Sawsall, cut out some 1/4" aluminum and welded it all together and essentially moved the axel back about 1 1/2"
I have picture on my phone but not sure how to post it.