Need trail report Eastern up

frnash

Need to know wanted the reports are for Marquette Munising Quinn all the way across to paradise and Newberry
Quinn, MI? Where dat? :confused2:

I may think I'm a UP geography wizard, but I don't know 'it all. In fact I just discovered this "interesting" UP location within the last month.
It was alive and well until its post office closed on Dec 30, 1916?! :cool::
DickMap.jpg
See also: (click →) Town of Dіck, MI.
(And although I'm familiar with Strongs, I've never heard of the town in the upper left corner of the map either! Perhaps I should drive by there one day and see if I can "See why"!)

Last edited:

UPBob

Need to know wanted the reports are for Marquette Munising Quinn all the way across to paradise and Newberry

I assume you mean Gwinn? I rode Munising trails yesterday and they were great! We tried to head to Gwinn and had to turn around at Little Lake, very thin! This was trail 8, I don't know if it's better on 417 closer to the lake.
Possible rain tomorrow won't help.

ryanslyne

I am contemplating heading this way next week. Seems like mixed reports. Anyone in the area have a report or if anyone going this weekend have a report that would be great. I would be coming up Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

RS

xpr800

Munising, Newberry & surrounding areas are ride able till Sunday then its goona go away again, 40's Sun. Mon & Tues. Rain on Sunday , (Great?) ... Cold again on Wed but no snow.

UPBob

Low to mid 40s with rain today really took the snow down. More rain and t/storms tonight and tomorrow won't help. No grooming in Grand Marais tonight, too warm! We're going to need more snow and cold to save what little base is left. High wind warnings out now for tomorrow! Just can't get a break this season. We rode Saturday and the trails were ok but extremely busy-lots of crazies out there. Bad wreck near Grand Marais they had a med flight chopper there.

attack_06

Rode all way to the soo from munising fri back the south route on sat riding is far from over across the north route trails were great few days of warm won't hurt it the south routes may be a different story until more cold and snow comes I plan on coming back in a couple weeks

JeffB

Are things holding up in this area or no?

417 along the lake is gone, its now a bike path. Trail 8 around Gwinn is mud. Surrounding area was rideable Sunday, but pretty thin. That was my last ride locally. Will trailer up the road if we get anymore snow. Was 48 and raining on my way to work at 5am.
Haven't been East in awhile, but definitely more snow that way.