neo owners???

mojo

thinking about getting a flat top 24. I think I can get 1-137 and 3-120 in there was not sure about 22. another question is the trailer will store the sled 80% of the time. would torsion axel be ok or spring. I be pulling it with a Honda pilot. any input would be great. this is my first enclosed so I might have other questions. thanks

rmk4ever

Ummm 24' trailer behind a honda pilot. Is it april fools already?
I dont even think thats legal. Dont mean to be a debbie downer, that just sounds scary.

sweeperguy

Ummm 24' trailer behind a honda pilot. Is it april fools already?
I dont even think thats legal. Dont mean to be a debbie downer, that just sounds scary.

That was my thought when I read it. Except for the April's fools sentence. Don't have a clue on the legality of it, my truck is "rated" to pull that weight, but I wouldn't. I've got a Ford Sport Trac and it has trailer brakes, but wouldn't pull that on a regular basis. Maybe transport it for a one time favor or in an emergency. The sail effect of an enclosed, plus winter roads, Icy spots etc.

snobuilder

Not sure what a pilot is , but..
I upgraded from a Dingo to a ext cab 6.0 chebby to pull a 3 place NEO.
WHEELBASE is important when you get into trouble.

Go Fast or Go Home

My Son pulled my 7' x 20' with a 5' V (25') with his Chevy Colorado pickup and said never again. Wind was pushing him all over.

I sure wouldn't pull a 24 footer with a Honda Pilot.

garyl62

First off, to answer the original question, I think you should be able to get those four sleds into that trailer. I had a 22 and never got 4 in that, but several guys on this board talked about how they did it. With 3 short ones you should be able to do it in 24.

Now, I agree with everyone else, there is no way I'd pull that trailer loaded with a Pilot. I had a Sport Track and while it was rated for over 5,000 I upgraded to a 1/2 ton Silverado to put my 7X22 inline. Fully loaded it was only 3,700 but the wheelbase on the suv is way to short and I wouldn't want to get pushed around on the snow packed UP road, especially heading down Military Hill on my way up at the start my trip, usually sometime around midnight. Getting pushed into the ditch, or worse yet, the river, would not be a good way to start a trip.

mrbb

something else to consider, is, will you have any way to see past the trailer in a pilot??
I mean that trailer should be way wider than it??

old saying,
JUST CAUSE YOU CAN<
DOESN"T MEAN YOU SHOULD!

I wouldn't tow that big a load behind such a small vehicle, all the more so in snow
its asking for an accident if you ask me!

but I have seen a lot of dumb things over the yrs, so, LOGIC< its a big discipline many have any more!
Just saying!!

mojo

ok I guess pilot not good idea but how about the info

thinking about getting a flat top 24. I think I can get 1-137 and 3-120 in there was not sure about 22. another question is the trailer will store the sled 80% of the time. would torsion axel be ok or spring

ac600sp

I wouldn't pull a 4 place trailer with a Honda Pilot. The trailer probably weighs more than the suv and even with electric trailer brakes you'd never stop that thing in a panic stop. Get or use a full size suv, that short wheelbase would be horrible to haul that trailer with 4 sleds. Just my thoughts.

snobuilder

ok I guess pilot not good idea but how about the info

thinking about getting a flat top 24. I think I can get 1-137 and 3-120 in there was not sure about 22. another question is the trailer will store the sled 80% of the time. would torsion axel be ok or spring

24'...is that with the v nose?

Go Fast or Go Home

I had a 7' x 18' with a 5'V (23'). I could run three 1200x 137" Renegades in and a 120" (four sleds).

You have to back two in and drive two in. You have to load and unload all from the rear............Still have room for gear as well.

mojo

do you think 22 18 with 4 v??

might think multi sport that's 8 wide but worried about wheel well for the skies

pulled a 21 with the pilot not to bad

moose822

I had a 25' stealth including the vee and got a 144" and three shorts in it with room to spare. Put the shortest sled in backward with the track toward the vee. Still had about a foot to spare.

samc

We also have a 7x23 Stealth (includes 5ft V) and we put 2 144 a 137 and a 121 in all the time with no issues. Yes, it's tight but they do fit, just need to plan it out. You should have no issues putting 4 sleds in that trailer. Your tow vehicle, that's another story. Good luck.

snobuilder

Mine is 18' box with 5' v nose.
I have had 2x121...1x136 and 1x129 in.
With the 7 ft. inline you have to load them like others have said which takes some muscling them into position.
If you see yourself towing 4 sleds all the time, you are better off with a 8.5 wide over axle....no wheel wells inside.

I have a 7x23 and I can put two 137", one 141" and one 121" no problem. Like others have said two forward and two backwards.

Go Fast or Go Home

do you think 22 18 with 4 v??

might think multi sport that's 8 wide but worried about wheel well for the skies

pulled a 21 with the pilot not to bad

I could be mistaken, but 8' wide trailers are deck overs with no wheel wells to worry about.

Please keep in mind what everyone is saying--The Pilot is not the ideal vehicle to tow a trailer the size you are looking at.

mrbb

the MAX trailer I would even THINK about towing with the Pilot would be an aluminum 2 place OPEN deck with E Brakes!
and again even with that, its going to be a LOT wider than the Pilot, and your going to be driving blind, NO Mirror support, unless you add some monster wide add on's to your OEM's