New Dupont Slides

amore4224

Has anyone heard about these new slides that DuPont has come out with for Yamaha? They are about $115 for the pair, and I was wondering if it might be worth it to give it a try for the season?

whitedust

I change mine every year between 2000 & 2500 miles so use standard slides on my Attak so no need to spend big bucks on slides.

ezra

9 yrs back I spent big bucks ($130) on some slides for my old drag sled think they were graphite or something like that they did not do jack for my 660 time and did not last any longer.

Wyelde

I'm also interested in the Dupont slides after seeing a poster about them at my dealers. So far, they are only available for Yamaha, but I suspect they will come out with products for the other makes eventually. I used to just switch out hyfax once a year and never wore them out by the end of the season on my older sleds, but my XF seems to be harder on them. This fall I put on the Super slippery slides from HPE. If they are enough better to last the season, I will come out even on the cost as I paid $79 for a pair, and last year went through 2 sets of normal slides in just 1500 miles