New Groomer!

slimcake

013.jpg Very nice. Did you go with CVT trans?? Very comfy tractor to drive!! Wish I could talk our club into a tractor rather than the new piston bully we just bought but oh well.

jr37

Nice machine. Looks like the same thing we were trying to buy this summer/fall. Maybe next year.

renegade

Very nice machine. What kind of tracks are those? Are they Soucy? If they are what kind of maintenance do they require. Like a greasing interval and such.

Dave_B

I will have to defer any mechanical questions to Khris. He knows much more about this than I do.
Go to the Facebook page and ask him.

D

Deleted member 10829

Looks great Dave_B.

View attachment 43307 Very nice. Did you go with CVT trans?? Very comfy tractor to drive!! Wish I could talk our club into a tractor rather than the new piston bully we just bought but oh well.

A piston bully is one of the best groomers out there. I'd love to have one!

gator800r

Just curious. What are the pro's and con's of a tractor vs a piston bully? I would assume the weight of a tractor could be a big disadvantage if your grooming wet swampy terrain?

D

Deleted member 10829

I know but I sell New Holland tractors not piston bully's lol.....

I can understand that logic, I'm in sales also! ;) I've never actually operated a Piston Bully, just a tractor, but I've talked to a few that have run both.

xsledder

The groomer looks very nice; but, I have to ask this question. Why are the tractors used to pull a drag so big? This thing has 140 PTO hp. I never understood why they are so big.

jr37

After a very interesting process, we have finally taken delivery of our new groomer. Our old ones were 20 years old, and it was time for something new. We got rid of our Tucker and Case/IH tractor and now we will groom with a New New Holland with Soucy tracks.
DSC02587.jpg DSC02590.jpg DSC02591.jpg DSC02569.jpg DSC02589.jpg

D

Deleted member 10829

You guys will love it!! We have 2 newer Case IH tractors that we use but this year we had so much snow we were having issues getting stuck with the tractors. We borrowed a Soucy track unit and I couldn't get the thing stuck and it pulled the drag full of snow like it wasn't even there with 1/2 the HP of our Case! I was blown away by the performance over the tractor!! Congratulations!

BTW, you guys should really keep a neater shop! ;) Very impressive, organized and clean.

You guys will love it!! We have 2 newer Case IH tractors that we use but this year we had so much snow we were having issues getting stuck with the tractors. We borrowed a Soucy track unit and I couldn't get the thing stuck and it pulled the drag full of snow like it wasn't even there with 1/2 the HP of our Case! I was blown away by the performance over the tractor!! Congratulations!

BTW, you guys should really keep a neater shop! ;) Very impressive, organized and clean.

Funny, I found myself checking out the inside of the pole building more so than the groomer. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

HH

I know this question has been ask already but, why so much horsepower needed? I now the obvious of power but, I groom with 115 HP four track pulling a 9'6" arrowhead drag, yes 125 HP would be nice but, I groom about 7 MPH with big hills and swamps with no problem. We are at 17,000 lbs roughly with tracks on. 3.8 to 4.1 gals per hour working it hard with pulling lots of snow.
Thanks for your insight.
Howie