New Polaris Indy versus Rush

kecogaty

Looking for input on pros and cons between these sleds. I am an average trail rider. Hardly ever not on a trail. Trying to decide if I want a new Indy SP or if it is worth the extra money to buy a Rush. I am looking at a 600. I like the Rush but like the price of the Indy. Moving up from a 2004 Indy 500. Thanks for the advise!

hothyfax

I ride a Switchback with the Pro ride,but for the money the Indy cant be beat.Have you looked into the 900 Ski-doo 4s? Iam really looking at these.

whitedust

If you are asking you are an Indy rider. Rush pro ride is for those who want the best & want to bang trails also want light weight sled. Indys cookie cutter sleds to keep price down. From your comments sounds like Indy is right for you....enjoy.

snobuilder

the monkey bars add 20# of weight over the simpler Indy rear susp. and from what I hear it doesn't gobble up the stutters any better and stutters are the worse cond. to ride in for most sledders.

xcsp

I ride a Switchback with the Pro ride,but for the money the Indy cant be beat.Have you looked into the 900 Ski-doo 4s? Iam really looking at these.

Personally, I'd go with the Indy 600 over the "Rush" Pro-Ride if buying a Polaris, BUT I wanted a 4 stroke and went with the 900 ACE from Ski Doo. Best sled I've owned !

kecogaty

Thanks for the comments, guys. Just can't seem to justify the extra money for the Rush. Probably will Snow Check a couple 600 Indy SPs with the 60th Anniversary Edition. I am sure moving up 10 years itself will be a huge upgrade!

D

Deleted member 10829

I have had a 2012 Adventure for 3 years now and Snow Checked a 2014 Indy 600 SP LE last year for my wife and rode both quite a bit this year. No doubt the Adventure is the better sled, however, for the price and the fact you are buying 2, I think the Indy is a great choice for you. The Indy rear does not ride quite as well as the "Rush" but the Indy is much quicker and faster with the shorter track etc. I really like the Indy snow check sled this year. Not only do you get a painted tunnel and rails, but the biggest improvement over last IMO is the 1.25" track. Last year it was only 1". You will love them!

F

fusion

I'd spend the bucks and get the Rush Pro-R. Amazing ride in ALL conditions and ease of adjustment to trail conditions is a big time BREEZE!
Nothing like the quick adjustability to trail condition - immediate changes to degree of trail degradation. Never experienced anything like it.
Yamaha motors are better, but the 600 is still a very good power plant.

bigred_tr

Funny..I'm looking at the type of input. I have been riding an 1999 Indy 500XC since my buddy and I snow checked them back in 1999. His Indy died on the trail this year and mine I did a compression check with 118/80 (rebuild ). His sled mileage was within 82 of mine 15619 !!
Love the Indy and engine bullet proof !!

Anyways thanks all for your input !

BR