New pumps at Sidnaw Station

Woodtic

For those that ride after March. They will be closed April 1st for a few weeks for the new gas pumps to be installed. No they are not doing pay at the pump. They want to get a lot of things done before the fishing and atv season.

sjb

spoke to them on Sat. Yup, 1 new pump, 2 hoses. Will be faster. Pay at the pump did not cost justify. Plus, she like the people to come in and buy something. We need to keep these type of places in business and making money- or they won't be here in the future.

New pump s higher prices???? Doesnt matter , didnt buy an ounce from them all winter again. No need to pay that price when there is gas 20,25 ,25,30 ,45 etc. miles away.

D

Deleted member 10829

I'd rather pay a small operator like that more money and keep them in business than a large gas station in town. Krist in Hancock gauged sledders too this year. Premium was like $1.40 more per gallon than unleaded. They are right by the trail and they were taking advantage of it. Keep the small businesses around by supporting them, we need them. I love having that location there!

frnash

… Krist in Hancock gauged [sic] sledders too this year. …
What were they gauging (measuring) those sledders for? Their weight? Height? The capacity of their gas tanks? The thickness of their wallets? (Oh that's gotta be it!) :cool::
gague:
verb (used with object), gauged, gauging.
1. to determine the exact dimensions, capacity, quantity, or force of; measure.
2. to appraise, estimate, or judge.
3. to make conformable to a standard.
4. to mark or measure off; delineate.

Woodtic

If there is so much money to be made selling gas on the trail,why are there so few gas stops? Besides,they have the cheapest gas in Sidnaw .

New pump s higher prices???? Doesnt matter , didnt buy an ounce from them all winter again. No need to pay that price when there is gas 20,25 ,25,30 ,45 etc. miles away.

I hope their price is higher and they are able to pay for the new pumps plus all the remodeling that they have done. New owners have done a bang up job. I didn't get a chance to ride out of Sidnaw this year but in years' past when there is no snow South, I have trailered and parked there. Great Place & Great People!!

sjb

I'd rather pay a small operator like that more money and keep them in business than a large gas station in town. Krist in Hancock gauged sledders too this year. Premium was like $1.40 more per gallon than unleaded. They are right by the trail and they were taking advantage of it. Keep the small businesses around by supporting them, we need them. I love having that location there!

I agree wholeheartedly! We need these places to make money or they will not exist. Just run down the Bill Nichols (sp?) trail and see all the places that are closed. I am in the food manufacturing business and often work with companies that comanufacture our products. I often get into disagreements with our upper management on their costs. I simply remind them we need to make sure they make money or they won't be there. I did not think their prices were our of line. There was a pump at a bar I saw fuel for $4.85 per gallon this past weekend. I thought that was on the high side. But the Sidnaw fuel and bar is nice, good people, decent price on a really good pizza. No complaints here.

rtrypwr

We stopped early Friday evening on our way to Iron River from Rockland. It was our first time there and I know we'll be back. I didn't think their price was anywhere near high, and honestly the pump was not that slow. We've had to fuel up at some bars over the years that the 'premium' was probably $2 more per gallon than anywhere else, but that's the cost of riding. What's a couple minutes either way it was beautiful out! Great stop on the trail and everyone was friendly.