New Sled Hood Designs... Not a Fan of... Are you?

polarisrider1

I like the panels over a full hood. Plastic panels take a heck of a beating over fiberglass/plastic hoods. Panels are less money to replace in a crash. Took some getting used to, but adapt is not a dirty word.

xcsp

Pros & cons to the multiple panels vs. a "hood". With the panels, you need a place to set them after removing them so they're out of the way and won't get damaged, not so with a hood.

As mentioned, one needs to adapt to the changes, not going back to the conventional hood anytime soon.

not being poo biased here but its majority of what I work on and know inside out.
I can have an engine out or back into a Pro (RMK, RUSH, INDY) chassis sled alot faster then a belly pan sled or even an IQ. and Track swaps i can do myself in almost half the time on the newer style sleds with removeable panels vs belly pan. And with the Pro's i like being able to take all the panels off (in a matter of seconds) even the top hood (less then a minute) and put them in the other room where they wont be damaged while im working on the sled, When the polaris edge chassis sled was around i thought theyd never need another chassis ever it was so great but man am i glad we have what we have now.

I had this assault from a sled with a motor to his point on the saw horses in 1.5hours by MYSELF
...couldnt do that with older sled
photo.jpg

polarisrider1

not being poo biased here but its majority of what I work on and know inside out.
I can have an engine out or back into a Pro (RMK, RUSH, INDY) chassis sled alot faster then a belly pan sled or even an IQ. and Track swaps i can do myself in almost half the time on the newer style sleds with removeable panels vs belly pan. And with the Pro's i like being able to take all the panels off (in a matter of seconds) even the top hood (less then a minute) and put them in the other room where they wont be damaged while im working on the sled, When the polaris edge chassis sled was around i thought theyd never need another chassis ever it was so great but man am i glad we have what we have now.

I had this assault from a sled with a motor to his point on the saw horses in 1.5hours by MYSELF
...couldnt do that with older sled
View attachment 42743

Upside, more Beer time then wrench time in the Man Cave! Kinda like a added bonus???

Upside, more Beer time then wrench time in the Man Cave! Kinda like a added bonus???

haha yes that is true! last night i could have used a few beers doing track swap on a 05 Edge, every bolt and bearing in rear skid was junk or broke

- - - Updated - - -

was it necessary to put it up on the horses to cut it up for scrap?

didnt scrap it, chassis was twisted and bulkhead was wrinkled. Fixed it and put it back together