New snowmobiling website

neldogmxz

Does anybody know if there are any snowmobiling websites similar to this great John Dee site but without all of the whining, complaining, and negativity?

windingtrailgal

NOPE! U just have to ignore all the whining, complaining and negativity and then it just goes away! I'm stupid and take the bait sometimes when I should know better...we all make mistakes! :eek:

neldogmxz

Some good responses so far! I absolutely love this website and am on it all of the time, more so in the winter. It just seems that lately every time I'm on it the only thing that I read is whining, complaining, and negativity as mentioned above. Obviously it has nothing to do with the site, just some of the users. I've just never seen so many people complain about things that can't be controlled and so many people worrying about everybody else, so I figured I'd make light of it. Either the trails aren't groomed, or somebody is riding too slow, or somebody is riding too fast, or somebody passed somebody on the trail, or somebody put bad gas in somewhere, or somebody had bad service somewhere, or somebody has a sled that is too loud, and the list goes on. It's refreshing when I actually do read a post where somebody enjoyed themselves and decides to share that enjoyment with the rest of us.

hoffmansledder

Don't forget the people that think everybody on the trail that they are complaining about are going to read it here. Here's a surprise, NOT EVERYONE READS THIS WEB SITE!!!!! So posts about a specific sled or person,probably won't be read by that person. I must say I have cut back on reading much of the posts too. I still love the site and appreciate the forecasts, but I skip most of the other stuff. I'm really bored at work today so I thought I would read some posts. MISTAKE!!

Grant Hoar

Hoffmansledder,

What do you mean, not everyone reads this website? Where are those heathen, and how do we get them into reading this so that they waste (invest) as much time on this site as we do?

dcsnomo

NOPE! U just have to ignore all the whining, complaining and negativity and then it just goes away! I'm stupid and take the bait sometimes when I should know better...we all make mistakes! :eek:

Cindy...You, take the bait?!? Why my, I hadn't noticed! Like a hungry walleye...JUST SAYIN! :D

MZEMS2

I would have to say that this site, and DooTalk are the only two sites I even bother with anymore. A lot of the others are full of smart-allicks and folks that like to cyber box. So, I stick to my favorites, where there seems to be a more mature crowd. Now, don't get me wrong here, there are always whiners and ones who think they gotta chime in on everything because they know everything.....but, ya gotta look past it and not "take the bait" as it was pput earlier. I have taken the bait a few times myself, but when someone posts a thread similar to one that was posted earlier the same day....come on. OOps, whining.......I'll stop there. :eek:

windingtrailgal

Cindy...You, take the bait?!? Why my, I hadn't noticed! Like a hungry walleye...JUST SAYIN! :D

OK, smarty pants Birthday Boy!! :) Sometimes I DO get a little hungry...if you only knew how many times I type, undo, type, edit, type, delete, type, leave the site. Ridiculous amounts of times!! :confused:

GH - indeed...who ARE those people who don't come here? :eek:

I'm all about sharing - including the venting - I'm not all about the attacks on others and the preaching/lecturing. THIS is what I'm trying to stay away from. All in all? MOST posts are positive even if it doesn't always seem that way! :)

polarisrider1

This site is extremely mild compared to others. Snowest is a favorite if you really need to find out something. Dootalk I never got into, being a Poo guy, well I would prefer Pootalk if there was one and it was like Dootalk.. I am wondering how many of the whiners actually ride sleds. belong to snowmobile clubs or just generally contribute to snowmobiling in a positive manner.

Last edited:

berglandbaybar

I guess I am guilty of some of the whinning. I complain about loud pipes, people riding through private property and riders racing through town. Pardon me for trying to make people realize they are putting our sport in jeopardy.

dcsnomo

I guess I am guilty of some of the whinning. I complain about loud pipes, people riding through private property and riders racing through town. Pardon me for trying to make people realize they are putting our sport in jeopardy.

I whine when you run out of Italian Beef!