New touring sled

big_bill

Looking to buy brand new touring two up sled. Which one should I buy? Pros and cons please. Artic cat Panther 7000 limited, Skidoo Grand touring SE with 1200 4 tec, or Yamaha RS Venture DX? Big guy mostly trail rides, long rides.
Thanks for your help

GTL

Just my $ .02 but that 1200 Ski-Doo won't even breath hard hauling you around at 50+ all day!!! I ride mine, most times, 200+ miles a day on overnight trips. (@240lbs plus gear) The Grand Touring has all the bells and whistles too. However------I am finding out------don't ride them too much because nobody wants to buy a 5 year old four stroke with 11,000 miles on it!!!! Kind of a catch 22. Ride em---but don't put on miles????

maddogg

I sat on a couple of ski-doo's. Really like the convertability of them. Coming from a Polaris guy with a 600 IQ LXT.

2TrakR

Thought about the cat, but the fit/finish turned me away. Stuck with Doo. We have the older XR chassis grand touring and feel they are warmer (and more comfortable) than the newer XS chassis. Not rode an 18 to say if they are better or not, but got rid of our newer XS chassis and found another XR so the wife would be happier.

Ski Doo, Grand Touring SE, 900 ace, good trail power, great mileage, warm and comfortable.

Power steering would be nice, otherwise hard to find anything to complain about on our GTs. Great all day and then some, one or with passenger.

Have heard of lots of happy riders on the Yamaha. If they could get into the fuel mileage of the 900ACE, I'd give them a closer look.

22 MPG all day long, on GPS distance, not the guess-o-meter. Very happy