new trailers

raco_guy

DSCN1507.jpg I second the NEO. Made in Indiana and Ohio. Attached photo. Aluminum frame, aluminum wheels, stainless single door latches, double spring front and rear doors, spare tire, helmet box inside, all LED lights, 27' 4-5 place inline, screwless exterior, electric brakes. Unfinished interior, but I finished off with additional interior lights, siding, track mat, ski guides. $6500 OTD last fall. Pulls great with 5 sleds in it going 75mph down the highway with a 1/2 ton truck.

Bimmer

looks like a really nice trailer,did you have to make the drive to pick it up(Indiana or Ohio) for that price?bought the crossfire i wanted,now time to focus on gettin a trailer.thanks again for all the info guys,it really helps.

raco_guy

these trailers are made in Sturgis, MI. The dealer I bought from was John's trailers in Middlebury, IN, right across the border from Kalamazoo area. Yes I picked it up, but for that price...

Check out NEO or John's trailers on ebay. Right now they have a pre-season 26ft 4 place for $6175. I am very happy with mine. I checked out Legend and their knock off's (Thunder) as well as other "cheaper" brands like Haul-it and the quality and attention to detail just wasn't the same. Now I am not claiming that a top of the line Legend or Triton aren't a better trailer, but the axles and the size/thickness of the aluminum framing all come from the same manufacturers, so the only difference are some of the more cosmetic (in my mind) things, but for $8K-$10K less, I was able to justify not going top-end. Good luck.

otter

Quality is a big deal, I bought a new 29' Royal Cargo last fall and found out that mass production of these trailers really messes with the quality control on these trailers. I have several screw heads that have snapped off from being over torqued, latches that bind from not being installed straight and square and their stainless hardware is not very high quality, my trailer looks as if it were 5 yrs. old already and it only made one mild winter. If I were to do it again I would definately pony up for a better known quality trailer.

ac1994

Thought is always "you get what you pay for". Goes for anything. These newer cheaper trailers will show that in time. I have had triton clam shell, which was a great trailer, but needed longer. Have my featherlite 4 place which as been an excellent trailer, with just basic maintenance repairs for the most part. I also have a triton prestige inline 2 place which I love- it however does not have all the bells & whistles my featherlite has, but it is a WELL built trailer and well worth the $$ as are the featherlites. They also hold value as they are proven top line. I also have an Aluma trailer (open type) which is well made and done. I have looked at these less expensive and the aluminum is thinner, etc. People do what they need to do, but the best rule of thumb is remembering "you get what you pay for."

900RMtanK

I'm not going to give an opinion on on whats best but I have a 2010 Legend Trailmaster 23' with approx. 80k mi on it and the interior and exterior is still like new. No separation in exterior panels, no roof issues, the advantec flooring is extremely durable. 100% satisfied. I paid $9000 but I'm sure they've increased in 2 years. Construction wise I like the design of the hoops around the doors (Beefy), thickness of exterior, and the wheels are about 18" further back than many other brands so it pulls nice, but you'll need extra springs or overloads if you pull it with a 1/2 ton.

Bimmer

I looked at lightning trailers on friday.seems like a well built trailer and price wasnt bad for how i wanted it done.anyone have or had a lightning trailer before?

heckler56

I looked at lightning trailers on friday.seems like a well built trailer and price wasnt bad for how i wanted it done.anyone have or had a lightning trailer before?

Did mean Thunder and not Lighting?

Go to Big O's in Portage WI. I did and bought a 23' Legend identical to 900RMtanK. A great trailer all alum. In fact, since I do not have several sleds, I just bought a 13' Thunder from them (the entry Legend all alum enclosed brand). Another great trailer. Putting the Legend next to the Thunder, you can tell the subtle differences.

Call Big O's, they always have a big assortment. Like 900RMtanK said, the axles are slightly offset so with the diesels I never noticed I had a trailer, but the 23' does push my F150 around a little.

Bimmer

lightning trailers are a step down from Rance i think both are a product of forest river,that's what i was told. I've done my home work and looked at a lot of different trailers.this thread I started has been great too, thanks for everyone's help! I was at pete's trailer sales in rice lake on sat,i think i found my trailer..stealth predator 27 foot deck over..fully ready to go even the floor will be insulated on this one.$11,000.00 otd 3yr warranty.i liked how its got lights on out side, comes standered.