New truck

ICT Sledder

I don't know if you could even still order one. When I picked mine up the dealer said they were unable to order anymore as Ford had cut off orders. I also know the company I work for buy's several thousand super duty cab/chassis models every year and the order window is closed for us also.
When i was shopping I had one dealer tell me they couldn't order again until May as they had used up their allocation while the dealer I purchased from said they had no issue ordering. And while they told me it would be 6-12 months in reality it was just over 2 months. I did some googling and when the order bank opened in Mid October they had 50K trucks on order by the end of Oct and 245000 on order by the end of Dec. And I think their super duty capacity is about 280-300K/year.
Best thing a person could do would be to call the dealer in that thread I linked and ask to talk to the manager. The reps for that dealer are still active and engaging folks on various internet forms.

Reactions: elf

pclark

Ford probably putting all their energy in EV Trucks, don't want to sell any more gas or diesel trucks, very bad..........

old abe

Ford probably putting all their energy in EV Trucks, don't want to sell any more gas or diesel trucks, very bad..........
My guess is they, Ford will build what sells best. They've owned the truck market to long not to.

pclark

My guess is they, Ford will build what sells best. They've owned the truck market to long not to.
Sounds like they can't keep up with orders for good old ICE's. From what they (insert whatever group you want here) want you to think I don't believe that the EV market is progressing as well as it should be with all the emphasis they put on it. It may garner a certain percentage by 2030 but it won't be what they think it will be. EV's are great for city dwellers and that's where they should be used because that is where the highest carbon footprint from ICE engines are.

heckler56

I suspect that it all comes down to EPA/CARB(?) restrictions. They as a corp need to meet a blended mpg across the whole corp product line. So if trucks are a bigger seller than cars with worse mpg than cars, you need to give somewhere to get the formula right to meet the standards. And from what I see Ford has limited car and suv product lines to help their cause so the EV balances it out.
I bet they want to keep “the best selling truck 50 years running” campaign alive and if it means sending EV’s out there, their on it.

Hoosier

I suspect that it all comes down to EPA/CARB(?) restrictions. They as a corp need to meet a blended mpg across the whole corp product line. So if trucks are a bigger seller than cars with worse mpg than cars, you need to give somewhere to get the formula right to meet the standards. And from what I see Ford has limited car and suv product lines to help their cause so the EV balances it out.
I bet they want to keep “the best selling truck 50 years running” campaign alive and if it means sending EV’s out there, their on it.
In the past trucks and cars have had separate MPG requirements. You are right that this has impacted production in the past. They quit developing cars in favor of SUVs in the past since SUVs were trucks with different requirements. So we ended up with families driving SUV "trucks" instead of larger cars, since the trucks were allowed to get worse efficiency. So the govt's dumb rules made things worse.

Outside of the toy factor, the only reason they are pushing EVs is - wait for it - stupid govt regulation again. The commander in chief or his handlers has decreed new MPG requirements that will require EVs. Whether the tech is ready for it or if consumers want it or can afford or whether the raw materials are mined by child slaves in 3rd world countries is not important to those making the decrees.

old abe

Sounds like they can't keep up with orders for good old ICE's. From what they (insert whatever group you want here) want you to think I don't believe that the EV market is progressing as well as it should be with all the emphasis they put on it. It may garner a certain percentage by 2030 but it won't be what they think it will be. EV's are great for city dwellers and that's where they should be used because that is where the highest carbon footprint from ICE engines are.
It's been like this off and on for Ford Super Duty's for quite sometime now.

ICT Sledder

It is remarkable the scale of effing that the EPA has put on US auto manufacturers, and thereby costs onto the individual taxpayer in new vehicle prices.

All fiat rulings by career bureaucrats (not elected representatives), who are all essentially from families with top 1% wealth, went to schools and colleges/universities filled with other top 1% wealth kids, and who all now chum around together as adults in the cesspool that is DC.

600_RMK_144

I would assume ordering is probably still your best bet. Used prices on them still pretty strong, and new ones on the lot the dealers still think it is 2021 or 2022. Should be able to find a dealer locally who would do X Plan for you, which is more or less invoice. You can get X Plan by joining any number of groups. Think I did an annual membership to the Mustang Club of America for $20 or $30, a couple of years ago when I ordered.

If nothing else, I know I hear of this dealer still playing ball, and fairly:

If you're in MN, WI, IL, or obviously IA, this dealer isn't THAT far away.
This Granger, IA dealership is literally a few miles from my house. If any out-of-towners would want me to check anything out (on-hand inventory, a specific truck, etc.) for them I'm more than happy to swing by.

heckler56

It is remarkable the scale of effing that the EPA has put on US auto manufacturers, and thereby costs onto the individual taxpayer in new vehicle prices.

All fiat rulings by career bureaucrats (not elected representatives), who are all essentially from families with top 1% wealth, went to schools and colleges/universities filled with other top 1% wealth kids, and who all now chum around together as adults in the cesspool that is DC.
Optics. That is all they really know. Logic (supported by statistics that justify their actions), lack of common sense (lost during the grooming years), and yes, high fiving each other on their “brilliant” plans.

snobuilder

we need more co2 ...not less.

snobuilder

So are you saying that Trump....who is a successful businessman and created a great economy in a short 4 year window...despite being fukt over by the leftist mediassholes on a daily basis, didn't have common sense?...we are fuct if you idiots are in the majority.

pclark

So are you saying that Trump....who is a successful businessman and created a great economy in a short 4 year window...despite being fukt over by the leftist mediassholes on a daily basis, didn't have common sense?...we are fuct if you idiots are in the majority.
Nope, just look around at all the politicians in a so called Administration. Do you like all Republicans just because they served under Trump? Did you agree with everyone in his Administation? Do you trust any politician? I happened to respect what Trump did for America in his 4 years but he faced the same issues, worthless people like Mitch McConnell to name one, how about Mitt Romney? Adam Kinzinger, Liz Cheney, even Lindsey Graham waffles, should I go on? Your one of most conservative critical guys on this site, you should understand what I am talking about, no?