New web cam location

DooZ

Hi John,
I was curious as to what is all involved with setting up a new web cam location. This would be for a location in central WI, more specifically Donahue Super Sports in Wisconsin Rapids. I am not the most tech savvy, but between a few of us here I think we could figure it out. Any guidance/permission, etc. would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff Selgren

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jeff, it is pretty easy if you are able to have a computer within around 20 feet of the camera location. If so, then just get a USB webcam from any place that sells computer stuff. I have found those from Logitech to be the most reliable, but others will work too. Follow the instructions that come with the cam to get it going. Then download either Kabcam or webcamXP (there are freeware versions of both, I think). Install it and that software will find the camera and you will then use it to capture an image and upload it to the web. Once all that is going, then shoot me an e mail with the web address for the image and I can add it to the NCN. You will also be able to use the image on any webpage(s) you have for your business.

-John