New Years

olsmann

Thinking about taking the wife up to The UP for a new years backpack trip. Can stay anywhere between Ironwood an Houghton. Anybody know of any bars or towns that may be a good place to celebrate new years and incorparate a sled trip?

srt20

why would you want to go to the UP, I would stay in northern wisconsin personally. Much better scenery and not to mention not near as boring on the trails. Everyone is entitled to their own opionion and this is certainly mine, especiall after being up in the UP two weeks ago.

How about you work on your spelling before you start complaining about the U.P. trails?? opionion=opinion! especiall=especially.

Unless your mexican I guess?

roadapple

I beg to differ on the scenery part, Cross the bridge to Hancock and head north....................But like ya said, to each his own.

woodi

olsmann u might have a problem finding lodging around new years. If want 2 meet great people & be treated good go 2 the yoop. If u want a bar every 5 miles & want 2 meet alot of people drinking on there sleds go around Eagle River Wi.

Its people like tedkiltdead that make me not want to ride in northern wisconsin.. I would agree U.P has its ups and downs. Good place to go if your into the pow and like being high strung all weekend.. Ted likes his ruplemints he is prolly half in the bag.. hence why I like to ride U.P trails where it is zero tolerance.. I know i wont catch kilted ted in that neck of the woods.

cool700

I would stay in the UP. I can ride wherever, I just love to ride BUT my wife will ony ride in the UP. The view from the firesteel bridges is awesome, You could go to Silver City and do Lake of the clouds, There is a great great view from the Brockway Mountain lookout in Copper Harbor, Club trail goes to a look out to see an island with a lighthouse northeast of Copper Harbor , also a great view of Lake Superior. I have stayed at the Ramada Inn across the bridge, nice place, the Best western Copper Crown only a few blocks away, also older but nice, the Americinn in Calumet very nice. The nice thing about the UP is you can get to almost anywhere on a day ride. The wife says that area is more relaxing for her than northern Wisconsin. She is a rookie rider and doesn't like the icey trails that Wisconsin can offer with the twisty trails. In the UP for an unbelievable meal try Henry's in Rockland, just don't plan to ride far after that you will be stuffed. I'm not an expert but that is my opinion.

olsmann

I guess i should have been more clear. I know all the trails and things to see as i ride from ironwood to copper about 4 times a year but was wondering if any of the bars have a new years party or anything special going on

Getting back to the subject

Thinking about taking the wife up to The UP for a new years backpack trip. Can stay anywhere between Ironwood an Houghton. Anybody know of any bars or towns that may be a good place to celebrate new years and incorparate a sled trip?

Parkview Lodge in Twin Lakes: 906-288-3288
Everything you need in one complex......restaurant (great food), bar (cold beer), swimming pool and sauna (nice, nice) and obviously a room right on the trail. Walk from your room to any of the previous in your slippers, sweats and tee shirt. It's right down the hall!

D

Deleted member 10829

Celebrate New Years twice!

You can celebrate New Years twice on Lake Gogebic due to the time zone. Celebrate in the Eastern time zone at the Hoop and then hit the lake and celebrate it in the Central time zone at Gogebic Lodge. I've done it once and it's kind of fun to celebrate twice in the same night!