NFL Draft next week!

whitedust

I have no idea what the Bears will do 1st or 2nd round .....thinking position players are best bet with #3 over all. Sure thing starter young gun QB not there this year plus Pace should find out if Glennon is worth resigning & Shaw worth developing so prolly no QB drafted this year ,imo, and not a big deal with the 2017 QB prospects.

No idea what GB, Lions or Vikings will do either but GB should draft a running back imo. Crazy draft year very fluid top 15.

Your best guess?

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've read that the Packers may trade down for more picks due to deep talent at RB and CB. I've always felt that Ted Thompson finds a lot of talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds i.e. Cobb, Jordy, Montgomery, etc. I think they'll go heavy on defense again, it'd be great if they could bring TJ Watt up from Madison.

nhra1000

Was hoping Dalvin Cook would drop to a late first rounder so the Pack would have a shot but I think he will go much sooner..I think Peppers is a go late round selection

eagle1

Da Bears!@$" LMAO. Seriously, I laughed out loud when they announced their pick. Give up all those picks to move up ...one spot!!! Haha, man they must be smoking some good stuff over there!

momoney2123

Da Bears!@$" LMAO. Seriously, I laughed out loud when they announced their pick. Give up all those picks to move up ...one spot!!! Haha, man they must be smoking some good stuff over there!

If they don't move up, they dont get there guy. So if they think he is a long term QB and ends up being it, its a good move. No one will know for a a few years. 4 teams tried also trading the niners to move in front of bears to take trubinsky.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
That Bear's pick seemed like a reach to me too. The Bears are rebuilding and need all the players they can get, they gave up a lot to move up one spot. But I'll say this, of the quarterbacks in this class I like Trubisky the most. Down to earth, good citizen and no Diva in sight.

Good luck, Bears. See you in September!

eagle1

Not saying he won't be good just gave up A LOT to get him. Not worth 2nd pick if ask me but I guess its QB driven league and when your desperate I guess don't have much choice.

momoney2123

Not saying he won't be good just gave up A LOT to get him. Not worth 2nd pick if ask me but I guess its QB driven league and when your desperate I guess don't have much choice.

I guess its how you look it at it. if he is good, its very little to give up. I mean couple 3rd and 4th rounders....but if he sucks its a lot. traditionally the 1st QB taken in the draft has about a 50% chance of being a pro bowler or Champion. So we will see what happens.

C

Cirrus_Driver

As a Packer fan, I LOVE the Bears trade/pick. That GM is a complete idiot. North Carolina, the hot bed of NFL QB's. LOL

momoney2123

Time will tell. Its easy to say he is an idiot now. Altho he drafted the best olineman in the draft last year in the 2nd round and a stud RB in the 4th. And 3 of the top 15 rookies. What an idiot haha

C

Cirrus_Driver

Yeah Mo....they also bet on Glennon, and you're right, they were in the NFC Championship last year...wait, won the NFC central wait, made the playoff's, wait......they were 3-13. Yeah, I am LMAO.

srt20

If they don't move up, they dont get there guy. So if they think he is a long term QB and ends up being it, its a good move. No one will know for a a few years. 4 teams tried also trading the niners to move in front of bears to take trubinsky.

Who was trying to get the #2 pick besides the bears?

momoney2123

Yeah Mo....they also bet on Glennon, and you're right, they were in the NFC Championship last year...wait, won the NFC central wait, made the playoff's, wait......they were 3-13. Yeah, I am LMAO.

Glennon if sucks is a one year rent that costs 18 million bucks. pretty much a slap on the wrist if he stinks it up. That's not really a bet. They bet on trubinsky tho no doubt about it. ALL IN. the truth is no one knows if its a good or bad pick. time will tell

Yea pace was hired because of what happened I hope you understand turning a franchise around doesn't happen over night. you will see what its like when Rodgers retires and the packers go thru a rebuild. it is painful and finding a QB is what rights the ship. no qb, no winning every year, so I understand the risk.

Last edited:

timo

I don't think anyone as I've been all over the world wide web today and haven't come across a story.
This was a huge reach for the Bears. If you have a chance to get an Elway or Peyton then you make this move, not some dude who's ran a spread offense at NC for a whole 17 games.
As a Packer fan I applaud this trade.

Who was trying to get the #2 pick besides the bears?

srt20

I could see the browns. Maybe the texans, but they are ready to win now. Trubisky isn't ready yet. The Cards aren't far off of winning now. I think the Chiefs wanted Mahomes the whole way.

I, along with most major sportswriters, columnists, NFL fans, and even Bears fans, think this was a huge mistake. One guy tweeting something doesn't mean anything.

BUT, if Trubisky turns out to be a hero, then Pace looks good. Way more to lose than win. The bears are a mess everywhere but running back. I know they haven't had a pro bowl QB since 1985, longest in the league, but this is total desperation.

Yes, time will tell.

I do remember when the Packers were terrible in the 80s. I was very young, but do remember. Many packers fans forget that.

momoney2123

I could see the browns. Maybe the texans, but they are ready to win now. Trubisky isn't ready yet. The Cards aren't far off of winning now. I think the Chiefs wanted Mahomes the whole way.

I, along with most major sportswriters, columnists, NFL fans, and even Bears fans, think this was a huge mistake. One guy tweeting something doesn't mean anything.

BUT, if Trubisky turns out to be a hero, then Pace looks good. Way more to lose than win. The bears are a mess everywhere but running back. I know they haven't had a pro bowl QB since 1985, longest in the league, but this is total desperation.

Yes, time will tell.

I do remember when the Packers were terrible in the 80s. I was very young, but do remember. Many packers fans forget that.

I was shocked but not disappointed. Its a move that takes guts as he knew it would be criticized by the columnists aka wana-be GMs. Those guys, like everyone here doesn't know chit. Trubinsky has the skills, he is athletic, strong arm, mobile, does well under pressure but can he dissect an NFL defense under NFL pressure. No one knows and no one will ever know before the draft. the odds are in his favor to succeed but no one will ever know for sure at this point, but the risk is worth the reward! I think some pack fans are worried the bears may have struck gold. Lets see what happens, bears need a QB, hopefully the nfl gods blessed da bears with one as they have been plagued without one forever. nows the time!!! go bears!

Last edited: