nice tractor !

eagle1

Very sweet!! Congrats!

But we know the real reason you bought it.......ha,ha

.............I'm sure you'll it have down pat for karaoke next year.

Last edited:

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Boy that thing is going to be awesome. I looked at the Deere 3520 with a cab, bucket, blower, & rototiller that was going to push $40k. I simply couldn't do that now, I did also scope out the Mahindra and it looks like they had good reviews and were a bunch cheaper. They cost less but didn't seem to be made "less worthy" of a purchase.

Please keep us posted when you put it through some tests...... Did you try Kubota and Deere, ride em?

I would love to hear how it moves any late season heavy snow. I am interested in a real world review.

Enjoy, I bet you'll even get up earlier to use it!!

m8man

Thanks. I did take a good hard look at the Deere's, but the $40K price scared me off. Plus Mahindra has 84 month, 0 percent financing, which sweetened the deal. Deere had 60 month, 0 percent.

I believe Kubota only sells rear mounted blowers in the model size I was interested in (25-35 hp), so that was a no go. No way I was going to go with a rear mounted blower. I would rather stick with ATV plow and walk behind blower!

I also looked at the TYM that Wards in Dodgeville sells. Looked like a pretty solid unit and a good price, but I just could not find much about them (good or bad) on the internet.

-John

ssdsts24- If I could sing like Kenny, I would do a video, but I sure can't!

-John

goofy600

Thanks all! I keep waking up at night thinking about it and having a hard time getting back to sleep. Sort of an adult Christmas Eve syndrome!

The fuel tank is 7.1 gallons. I already have my diesel can, but am thinking of getting one of those 15 gallon jobs with the nozzle. Then I can just use the tractor to lift it out of the truck.

Oh, and plan to get one of these so I do not get hit by any crazies driving down our road while I move snow at the end of the driveway.

Man, I'm such a little kid!

-John

PS. Mark, it will not cut wood, but it sure will help move it! :D Already have plans to modify the wood shed so it will fit inside to help with moving wood.

John you must be like a kid waiting for Christmas your post said 3:35 am that is awful early to be on the computer!!!! Lol. I drive by land rec to get to my camp and keep telling my wife we need one of them tractors also but she keeps telling me not till we move to the UP to live so I guess I have to wait for awhile! Congrats have fun.

mscheer772

Nothing runs like a Deere. But a Mahindra is close.
I'd recommend joining a website called tractorbynet.com. It's the tractor lovers equivalent to johndee.com.
Lots of good info on safety, attachments, how to, projects, etc.

If you move much debris (sticks branches or rocks) you'll probably want a grapple. Never can have too many remotes or lights .Quick attach on front and back a joy. More fun than a snowmobile? Close my friend very close

Last edited:

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks.

I have been "lurking" in a few of them, gathering info and doing some research. Seems like a really cool subset of our population. Everyone seems friendly and happy to help. I am sure I will be joining up with a few!

Ooohhhhhh. A Grapple! I never thought about that! It is on the wish list!

-John

dab102999

Tractor guys (and gals) are as awsome or better then sled heads..my dad and I have restored lots of tractors over the years and really enjoy going to tractor shows and swap meets. I can see no reason you will not enjoy this brand and will be reliable. Neighbor has a few now and works out great for his grapework...he said little lacking on the chopper but does fine with the sprayers. But his chopper is a rather large batwing for the size tractors he has. He has had them for well over 10 years and never had any major issues with them.

I would look into loading tires with beat juice. May not need too but will make for a little better traction. Calcium cloride is old school and will rot the rims.

also forgot to add...yesturdaystractors.com for antiques and todaystractors.com are two good sites also...(that might be .net)

Last edited:

hockeylover86

John,

I have been looking at compacts also this spring.

Have you looked at the LS tractors?

They are basically a self-branded version of what they are making for Case-IH and New Holland, only thousands less with their own better loaders.

You can get a 41hp hydro with a loader that can lift 2500lbs for $24k..

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry fellas. It's BYOT (T=trailer).

hockeylover86- I have never heard of the LS brand. Sound like a good price for that size unit.

Wilson. Hang on for 2 more days and you will see it. It arrives tomorrow!

I am going to see if LOL Rec knows when they might be loading it up and if so, will post it here so we can watch that happening on their web cam.

-John

Beware......Spoiler Alert!

Sorry fellas. It's BYOT (T=trailer).

hockeylover86- I have never heard of the LS brand. Sound like a good price for that size unit.

Wilson. Hang on for 2 more days and you will see it. It arrives tomorrow!

I am going to see if LOL Rec knows when they might be loading it up and if so, will post it here so we can watch that happening on their web cam.

-John

Already loaded up and ready for her trip tomorrow. WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

radsrh

Might have to run up after work tonight and borrow that truck and trailer? I will be happy to return the truck and empty trailer :)