No brake light 04 F6

nitrodoo

Started sled this weekend to get it ready for summer noticed brake light not working it was working when I brought it home from cabin a month ago. Since home I did put bar risors on and there is plenty of cable and wire I did check to see if any thing is unplugged as far as I can see all that is good the seat is off so that tunnel can be polished looks like there is no bare wire was wondering if anyone els has had this problem.

snow_monkey

Started sled this weekend to get it ready for summer noticed brake light not working it was working when I brought it home from cabin a month ago. Since home I did put bar risors on and there is plenty of cable and wire I did check to see if any thing is unplugged as far as I can see all that is good the seat is off so that tunnel can be polished looks like there is no bare wire was wondering if anyone els has had this problem.

Check the switch they go bad. Some of them you can take apart and there is a small micro switch that can go bad. On my indy I split the switch in half and sanded the points and now it's fine.

indy_500

my 05 xc sp 500 just started doing this. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.... :( I think I just got a loose connection somewhere.

winter_time

my guess is you have a bad light bulb there is two filaments in that bulb so you will have tailight but no brake light

nitrodoo

The bulb was the first thing I checked filaments looked ok I do plan on getting new bulb maybe there was something I could not see loose or broke in bulb.

elf

The bulb was the first thing I checked filaments looked ok I do plan on getting new bulb maybe there was something I could not see loose or broke in bulb.

I had lost the tail light on my sled this year, brake light worked but tail light did not. replaced the bulb and although I could not see where the filament was broken in the old bulb, the new bulb fixed it.

700classic

my 05 xc sp 500 just started doing this. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.... :( I think I just got a loose connection somewhere.
Indy, check under the seat. My son 01 Classic was doing the same thing. Wires under seat rubbed bare in a couple of spots