No-Fog's- "Thumb Throttle", Wrist supports, or the "Thumbthing" by RU Outside

ridesafe

No-Fog's- "Thumb Throttle", Wrist supports, or the "Thumbthing" by RU Outside

I've got problems with very weak worn out wrists. Has anyone used any one of these products and did they help any. I was leaning towards the Thumbthing for riding and using the supports for after riding and overnight usage. The other option I'm considering is taping them up like a football player would.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated

whitedust

Thumb things really work I like the older design to fit under gloves. My thumbs are better this year so have not used but when I needed them Thumb things helped a lot. Plenty of wrist support controlled by how tight you secure velcro & wrap. Worth every penney!

loriwlrc

X2 WE'VE USED THE THUMB THING, THE BACK THING AND THE KNEE THING FOR YEARS. Trouble is that's what's been holding us together as well, as you take them all off you realize it's the only thing supporting you! : ) Really great products.

jonw

One of my best buddies (Rick LaBelle) is inventor of the Thumb Thing and owner of RU Outside, so take this with a grain of salt. But last year he and I were riding with another one of my friends, who is the local orthopedic surgeon and has thumb problems when riding. I convinced him to try a thumb thing. He was amazed how well it worked for him. He kept analyzing the thing from an orthopedic perspective to figure out how it works. But in any case he was sold and has recommended it to many patients/friends since then.

ridesafe

X2 WE'VE USED THE THUMB THING, THE BACK THING AND THE KNEE THING FOR YEARS. Trouble is that's what's been holding us together as well, as you take them all off you realize it's the only thing supporting you! : ) Really great products.

T
Lori I think they need to come out with a complete "Body Thing" LOL!!
Thanks for your input Lori..

You too whitedust and bonnevier

whitedust

T
Lori I think they need to come out with a complete "Body Thing" LOL!!
Thanks for your input Lori..

You too whitedust and bonnevier

LOL ....like the idea the "BODY THING" unisex 1 size fits all. Then what would I do with Thumb Things, Knee Thing & Back Thing? Those that want to be riding at my age should be using this stuff now to save your joints really does help a lot. When you are young you just shake it off but damage is being done just so you know a little preventative protection now pays big dividends down the line.

jlemieu1

LOL ....like the idea the "BODY THING" unisex 1 size fits all. Then what would I do with Thumb Things, Knee Thing & Back Thing? Those that want to be riding at my age should be using this stuff now to save your joints really does help a lot. When you are young you just shake it off but damage is being done just so you know a little preventative protection now pays big dividends down the line.
LOL ... I sure hope it has a Front and backdoor flap. That might be a bit cold pull that down trail side ....I can't stop laughing on the Body Thing idea in my head.

ridesafe

Lol yeah it would have to have front and rear doors for sure

I've ordered both the wrist supports and the thumbthing. Hope to put them to use next wknd. :)

whitedust

Lol yeah it would have to have front and rear doors for sure

I've ordered both the wrist supports and the thumbthing. Hope to put them to use next wknd. :)

Thumb Thing has wrist support all one piece?? You won't need anything more than Thumb Thing you could set a broken wrist with it so much wrist support!

ridesafe

I should've explained better. I'm actually going to try using the supports at work and maybe using them after riding? My other thought was for doing chores around the house etc...

windingtrailgal

I love it when a fellow JD'er mentions a product that I didn't even know how much I wanted/needed. And to think I thought it was all just part of getting older and pain I just had to put up with! FOR SURE looking into this!! Thanks for the OP and for all the comments! :)

whitedust

I should've explained better. I'm actually going to try using the supports at work and maybe using them after riding? My other thought was for doing chores around the house etc...

I understand now. When my thumbs were really bad like after a day of chain sawing & had chain saw hands I would sleep with thumb things on hurt that much! As soon as I took thumb thing off the THROB would be worse than a kick in the nuts! Now I have some cheap meds that help a lot to the point of leaving thumb things at home when I ride. See your doctor there are meds that can help at least for me.