No XR-S or X Renegade offered for 2019 models??

Sledhead!

I have a friend looking to buy 2 of these and it looks like Ski-Doo will not offer the XR-S or the X Renegade models unless you Spring ordered them??

T

Tracker

I think all you could get is and IRON DOG SPECIAL....look for that one....not sure but skidoo is dropping out of the racing sleds for consumers...they explain it on American snowmobilier mag issue Jan 2017 page 26...not sure what happened between then and now

momoney2123

I have a friend looking to buy 2 of these and it looks like Ski-Doo will not offer the XR-S or the X Renegade models unless you Spring ordered them??

X and XRS models have always been spring order only. You can usually still find some come fall. Someone will back out and some dealers get extra.

old abe

Pretty much the reason for "spring order", or "snow check". Poo 850 only "snow check" order????????????

momoney2123

Pretty much the reason for "spring order", or "snow check". Poo 850 only "snow check" order????????????

Best thing about spring order is it protects your investment some. never see fire sales on X and XRS models like poo and cat have with all their models. Gotta be pretty disappointing when you fork over 12-14k for spring order just to see your same sled for sale brand new for 9k at the end of season.

T

Tracker

Best thing about spring order is it protects your investment some. never see fire sales on X and XRS models like poo and cat have with all their models. Gotta be pretty disappointing when you fork over 12-14k for spring order just to see your same sled for sale brand new for 9k at the end of season.

how is it disappointing? you are aware that an early order cat is an LE edition....and an LE edition has 1 inch shafts instead of 7/8 on the others....shocks same thing....track can be fully clipped also....big differences in early order models...ignition mapping can be better also...bearings.....and so on...now whether you get a deal on an LE or not at end of season doesn't matter for those of us that early order since our sled is beefier than others made after that....check around on here...the guys that early order....they have high miles and no problems for the most part...start looking around for LE models with blown engines and low miles...it aint gonna happen...my 2c

momoney2123

how is it disappointing? you are aware that an early order cat is an LE edition....and an LE edition has 1 inch shafts instead of 7/8 on the others....shocks same thing....track can be fully clipped also....big differences in early order models...ignition mapping can be better also...bearings.....and so on...now whether you get a deal on an LE or not at end of season doesn't matter for those of us that early order since our sled is beefier than others made after that....check around on here...the guys that early order....they have high miles and no problems for the most part...start looking around for LE models with blown engines and low miles...it aint gonna happen...my 2c

Its disappointing for the guy who spring orders say an assault or pro-x or RR model cat(the higher end models), just to see his same exact sled sell for 5k+ off in march or april. Which means his used one is worth even less. That is a huge loss in less than one year. This cannot happen to an X or XRS model.

T

Tracker

Its disappointing for the guy who spring orders say an assault or pro-x or RR model cat(the higher end models), just to see his same exact sled sell for 5k+ off in march or april. Which means his used one is worth even less. That is a huge loss in less than one year. This cannot happen to an X or XRS model.

I hear ya....but its easier to swallow if you look at it this way....sled rental full coverage is like 300.00 a day for an 800...so if you use it minimally like I do....maybe only 5 trips a year and trailering....each trip is 5 days.....so just fer snicks....20 days usage at 300 a day is 6000.00 bucks....so if you ride even more days you make more money on yer sled...and remember the sledders MANTRA

MILES = SMILES

momoney2123

I hear ya....but its easier to swallow if you look at it this way....sled rental full coverage is like 300.00 a day for an 800...so if you use it minimally like I do....maybe only 5 trips a year and trailering....each trip is 5 days.....so just fer snicks....20 days usage at 300 a day is 6000.00 bucks....so if you ride even more days you make more money on yer sled...and remember the sledders MANTRA

MILES = SMILES

If your a poo or cat fan just buy leftovers. no real incentive to spring check. unless u want the 840.