Nora and today's Journel

D

Deleted member 10829

Yep, well done! It sure looks like a beautiful area.

eagle1

Ya, cool journal. Looks like awesome place. How far in advance do you have to book these cabins?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Ya, cool journal. Looks like awesome place. How far in advance do you have to book these cabins?

I asked Nora and she said it depends on the time of the season you are going, but if it is the peak (July-August) at least 2-3 months in advance.

-John

garyl62

Great journal Nora! I've thought about planning a trip there for a couple years now. The camp my son is working at sent a group of Sr Hi kids on a "trips" camp there a couple weeks ago and they were due to come back just when the boat broke down. They ended up having to fly 2 kids out on a float plane back to Iron River, MI because they had prior commitments that they couldn't miss (trip to Africa, and Europe) and the rest of them got on a boat 2 days later. I know the hotel can get a little pricy and tent camping can be a little too rough for an extended time so the cabin sounds like a great choice.

m8man

It's been almost 30 years since I've been there..

I flew out when I was 12 or 13 on the float plane that left Houghton. fun times for sure................

it looked like an awesome trip.

thanks for sharing.

scottiking

Boy what a breath of fresh air! I was finally able to read a whole journal!
Ha ha JK john!
I enjoy both writers!
Ya did great tho Nora as usual!
Keep up the good work!
Good morning from BORING St Paul

Scottiking OUT

t_man

Nice job Nora! I got to Isle Royale last August for the first time. We backpacked for a week and really enjoyed the entire trip. All four of us are still talking about when we will go back. Just got back from taking two crews of Boy Scouts to Philmont Scout Ranch in NM, and will be taking crews to the Boundary Waters next summer. I guess I'll just have to work it in somewhere!

Thanks for sharing your adventures and fun.

T_man (Charley)