Nora Dee has this to say...

buddah2

I just read the entire thing before even checking the forums...what a wonderful, tug-at-the-heart tribute...I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with John in person at Pat's Open Houses...plus numerous email conversations about our various dogs over the year ever since the mid to late 90's...we never got a chance to ride together but then that's my loss...until next time JP...

dwz

Thank you Nora for allowing us to follow your journey with JD and Grace, for we do not mourn without hope! We as the John Dee family look forward to celebrating his life next summer with your family! May God bless you and keep you and cause His face to shine upon you! Praying for a peace that passes all understanding for you and Grace! SSBG

Thank you for sharing, Nora. John Dee and your family has had such an impact on people that you've never met. I'll never remember how I first started reading this journal, but I've been doing it faithfully every Monday morning for more than twenty years (or however long it's been). There is magic in this website; I think it comes from his kindness, humility and a sense of humor. I am so glad to hear that the show will go on. God Bless.

hermie

Very nicely done. Your journal reminds of a song by Garth Brooks,The Dance. Sounds like you two had such love for each other and live. It's better to live and love then to sit on the sidelines. Thank you for keeping this site going. Like many have said this site is not like most sites. For the most part things are very casual and not too much bickering or people cutting down other people's post. I am not in barstool so maybe that's a different animal. God bless you and Gracie and may he give you the strength too get past this and celebrate John's life the way it should be celebrated he was an amazing person.

euphoric1

Thank you Nora, very well written and inspirational for us all, he will be missed by us all and on the same token I'm sure we are all here to help when or if needed. Thank you again!

Skidoo70

Thank you for writing this. I have been wondering how you are Gracie are managing. I sure miss John and his funny, entertaining forecasts. I miss his journals about his family and the adventure of building the new house. I'm sure you know by now that EVERYBODY that was/is in the snowmobiling community knew John, maybe in name only, but knew of him and followed his forecasts. I only met John once at a snowmobile show. He was tending his booth. I bought a bunch of stickers and had to get a photograph with him. I'm hoping that some kind of annual ride in Johns honor will be done. Maybe a ride with a fundraising event of some sort. Anyways thank you for your recent post. You have tons of support in the community. I look forward to the site continuing to live!

Schwegg

Nora---Thank you so much for such a beautiful tribute! I was in tears but so happy to see an update. I can't help myself but to keep checking the website hoping to find an update from John in Heaven and ironically, your post reminded me that he is sending your family (and us all) promptings and reminders from Heaven to try to live our life the right way! The John Dee way! God Bless and love from Minnesota...

mezz

Thank you for sharing that. Though this pales in comparison to what you have endured, it was hard to complete without shedding a tear or five. You have a strong spirit & strong will. May God continue to Bless you & Grace.

katden4

When I read this last night, I didn't even look at the photos, until I had read all of it. Nora, and Grace, you have been such a big part of sincere prayers and thoughts because of how open John was, and the true love for his family. He had family in every Journal I can remember, so even though many of us have never met John, or Nora or Grace, we learned so much about you because of how proud John was of both of you. Thank you so much for sharing your family with us, and allowing us to come along for the ride. God bless.

kbuchan

I dont post much on this forum but I followed Johns weather forecast. Nora my families thoughts and prayers are with you and Grace. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

yooper

My heartfelt condolences for you Gracie, your family and friends. I had the pleasure of meeting John 10 or more years ago, he was such I nice gentleman. May God hold you and Gracie in his loving arms and provide you both with peace and warmth.

Thank you Nora an Gracie for sharing what your family's life was like with a wonderful husband, father, John was. Life has changed, but as you said Nora, John was always looking for the sun shine in life, or maybe just the next snow storm to put a smile on everyone's faces. Prayers are with you an your family this holiday season, know John is looking down at you with that big smile he always had on his face!

Hoosier

Thank you for sharing your wonderful journal. I'm sure this site took some time away from more important things over the years, and thanks for putting up with that. Somehow I think I've been reading it since about the beginning. I got hooked on it in college and remember reading about his Pol-Cat sled and all the excitement about living north. The off trail riding. His family about all else.

When I found this site, about when it started, was about when we started taking trips up north. None of the trips in the midwest were planned without careful reading or watching of his forecasts. It was always assumed to be the best available weather info.

Having only met him briefly in passing - one of those occasions you mentioned - hey, that's John Dee! - I've been most impressed by his attitude through all the health setbacks. I don't read nearly enough but I typically read the journals Sunday nights or Monday mornings, checked the forecast every day, clicked around the discussion board.

Sure is something for a man I didn't know other than a few random messages to leave such an impression.

Thanks again for sharing.