North of the bridge In the Keeweenaw was awesome last weekend

Dropped in by the Phoenix store and rode up to copper harbor and made the loop back down past Lac Labelle and back up to Phoenix. It was a little warmer on Friday before the snow and cold on Saturday. The groomers had been out the night before and the trails were great!. Thanks to the groomers and everyone who worked so hard to make it great!
Even though grooming is done, there was plenty of snow to ride if the gates are open.

Enjoy

I couldn't agree more. We rode from Calumet to Gay and back on Saturday and Calumet to Copper Harbor and back on Sunday. Brockway Mountain trail was awesome. Had to park and walk to the Mariner for lunch on Sunday but well worth it. Had the best steak at the Michigan House Sunday night. Great way to end the season.

Do you think the trails will hold up through the warm-up this weekend? I realize you could only ride the trails on public land, but I am just curious if a guy could get a short ride in north of Phoenix.

As of Sunday, the base was solid and holding very well. In fact, it was frozen over pretty good. A little warm weather would loosen it up nicely. If I had to guess, I would say trail 3 will still be ridable this weekend but no guarantee. I've seen trail conditions change very quickly. Hopefully a local will chime in with some thoughts.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Do you think the trails will hold up through the warm-up this weekend? I realize you could only ride the trails on public land, but I am just curious if a guy could get a short ride in north of Phoenix.

All trails north of Calumet are on private property and are closed for the season. :(

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks John, I was not aware of that. So just forest roads are legal at this point, is that correct?

Well...technically, the forest roads in Keweenaw are also private. There is some state land around Twin Lakes that would be OK to ride.

-John

attack_06

In 2014 I rode watersmeet all the way to copper harbor weekend of April 15th don't see why it would be any different now 5 yrs later