North Shore 7/18-19

elf

Went back up to the cabin this weekend and while we didn't do anything to exciting we did get out and get some pictures of things.
On Saturday we went to Split Rock Lighthouse and rode the bikes a couple of miles down to the split rock river. Funny thing is my son made it about 100 yds before he went over the handlebars into the weeds. He's gotta learn that you don't grab a handful of front brake when going downhill.
Ayway, here is a shot of Split Rock Lighthouse taken from Day hill.
111894.jpg

Then on Sunday we went to Tettagouche State Park and hike out to Shovel Point.
Here's a shot of Palisade Head from Shovel Point. You might remember a couple of weeks ago I posted a picture of Shovel point taken from Palisade Head.
111895.jpg

Here's a spot where some people were rock climbing. I climbed in that same spot many years ago when I was in college.
111896.jpg

Here's the view looking up the shore from the end of Shovel Point
111897.jpg

Here's a shot my wife took off a flower right on the edge of the cliff. I thought she was going to fall off as she was trying to get into position.
111898.jpg

Had another great weekend. We are very lucky to be able to spend so much time in such a beautiful area.

kevisip

Those are some nice pics. Looks like you had a relaxing weekend. Your wife must be a risk-taking-cliff-picture-taking lady, wonder what she is like on a sled...

samc

Troy, you did it again - nice photos. We were just up there and your right, it's a beautiful area.

elf

Thanks guys. No, my wife isn't much of a risk taker. She's actually pretty nervous around heights so I was surprised she was so determined to get a picture of that flower.

Samc, where were you at up there?

yamahachick

Troy, awesome pics as usual, your wifes shot is really pretty with the woods n water behind it, you both have a great way to capture the beauty of nature.

elf

Thanks Serena, luckily, it's easy to take great pictures up there. But my wife does have an eye for the close up shots while I just take lots of pictures and hope some turn out good.

harski

elf, that is a beautiful area! My wife and I were up there last summer about this time in which we drove up and down the shoreline taking it all in. I can't believe the temp difference once you get off the shoreline too! We'll be back there again one day with the kid (or kids?).

Harski