Northern Bayfield Cty, 25" of Powder

vmax1994

C-Side is closed and almost always sleepy in Herbster, Corny, and Port Wing. OP in Iron River closed last spring. Still a few good spots to stop - my favorites are Tri-Lake Timbers, Flying Eagle down in Delta, Ino Bar, Kro-Bar, and a few more. Yeah snow can be thin by the lake but the area usually has plenty of good riding areas even if you can't get to those towns.

fireworks

Back in the day we sure had some good times at Fish Lip's. We use to stay at the Willow Motel in Herbster and have plate size pancakes at the cafe. Now I see they closed a section of the trail into Port Wing. I guess no more stops at the Port Bar unless they don't plow Flagg road down to nothing. Lumbermen's has been for sale. Wonder how long before they close down if it doesn't sell? At this point, even if Bayfield has an epic year or year's to come, I don't see how it will ever get that busy with lodging being so limited. Again, good for us and not for the local economy.

WisDoo

Don't forget Ashland has a lot of places to stay and I believe nearly all of the hotels have trail access. it doesn't take long to get up to pub n grub from town or other places in Northern Bayfield county. Plus you can head south to Mellen and over to Island lake bear chasers ect one day. That is if you want to trail ride. It is to bad that those areas are not able to make it everybody likes to stop in but the people stopping in have gotten far and few between.

Pretty lucky to live here and be able to ride from my doorstep or trailer over to twin lakes for a weekend when wanted. I love going to twin lakes late in the year boondocking 2 hours to get there and 1 hour to get home (time change).

And to make things better we have a cabin about 15 miles south from herbster right off of the Lenawee trail we stay there a lot for over nights on the weekends just ride the sleds from home

Not sure what is going on with the cabins at pub n grub but that is also another option.

Brad

dale_58

C-Side is closed and almost always sleepy in Herbster, Corny, and Port Wing. OP in Iron River closed last spring. Still a few good spots to stop - my favorites are Tri-Lake Timbers, Flying Eagle down in Delta, Ino Bar, Kro-Bar, and a few more. Yeah snow can be thin by the lake but the area usually has plenty of good riding areas even if you can't get to those towns.

What about the ply-wood palace.That was a great place]]]]]][[[[[[to see

vmax1994

I heard the Fish Lips in Corny is for sale as well. OP in Iron River was going up for auction. These two places did not have lodging. Flying Eagle has cabins. Tri-Lakes has cabins. Some options in Brule. Rustic Roost. Pine Point down towards Delta has cabins. I'm sure I'm missing plenty. Point is there are still places to stay.

Plywood Palace doesn't have lodging ;) I wouldn't even order anything out of a glass from there!