Not again! Does anyone recall ever seeing this?

bobt

Looks like another decent storm ain't going to happen.

Hopefully in a few hours John will say otherwise.

Has anyone ever seen NOAA calling for 2"-4" and ya get 7"+, calling for 3"-5" and getting 8"+,,,,,,, I only see the opposite!

Frustrating !!!

euphoric1

from what I saw this morning looks like rain reaching further into the U.P...... not good. just last night looked like almost the entire northern part of wi and u.p. was going to get nailed. It was only supposed to reach the low to mid 30's here yesterday but hit mid to upper 40's . I wouldn't want their job and I'm not saying I can do better but not a lot of faith in forecasts this year, besides getting fired up when you first see snow in the forecast, and the big let down when it fizzles out, how can you plan around them other than looking out your window that day, frustrating

bobt

Yep another bust!

N.E. Wisconsin was on the way to shaping up nicely (For the second time this year) ,,,,, now they will loose some and then get a whole 1" added, not good!

Some time in my life I'd like to see them calling for 1"-3" and then get 7"-8".

They (NWS) never miss the forecast in the snow lovers favor!

xcr440

Good grief, the "storm" is still 2 days away and you guys are calling it a bust already??? HOLD YOUR SHORTS!

eskysteve

I think we're all accustomed to being let down by the snow forecasts, no fault of JD's, just the computer models. Maybe the forecast will let down those currently within the predicted heavy snow and those of us who are usually let down will benefit for a change. How's that for optimistic.

vmax1994

About 5 years ago, we had a clipper forecasted for 2-3" and it turned into a "super clipper" and it moved across NW Wisconsin in a targeted band. We got 12" :)

hemi_newman

At lunch today they(The Weather Channel) were saying 8-12" and I just looked now and its down to 3-5", so it is looking like we will get an inch.

euphoric1

I love it when they show the 4 forecast models they use when they predict and it ranges from one saying 1/2" and the euro model showing 6". and yes no fault to the forecasters but it just seems like back in the day when they hand drew the fronts on boards with wide eraseable markers and before we had storm tracker and news people driving on the road showing it was actually snowing the forecasts were more accurate. and what happened to winter being winter instead of the extremes, the freezes and the thaws....what happened to winter????? if this pattern keeps up "global warming" will be the next news headline after we get over the new GB general manager news story first of course. weather is weather obviously unpredictable and changeable but never makes the letdown any easier

eskysteve

It seems we receive more rain the past few winters than I ever remember growing up around here. When I was a kid, it was rare to rain from the 3rd week of December till March. Now it's almost the norm to have a few rains in that time frame. Last year we received more rain than snow. I'm not a believer in man made global warming, but, something has changed.

Try living in Southern Wi. Have'nt had anything but a few dustings down here. It's a shame all the work the clubs do down here to get trails in shape and marked, then to not even be able to open.

MZEMS2

Can you say "Snow Drought".....junior06 is spot on. Lots of work again for no payout. Days are getting longer already, and soon the Feb sun will be nice n toasty. We have a lot of frost in the ground, bit the rain will take a lot of that. The only positive is the weekend is supposed to be cold again, of course followed by another warm up next week. I am so thankful I don't own a sled anymore....I'll hop in the groomer IF/WHEN it ever snows, and the trails will open for a few days, and then that'll be it for another season. 45 days into the season and not a track laid down for hundreds of miles....pretty sad. The only hope for trail riding is to open trails to side by sides that can run on limited snow. This of course would require totally frozen ground. Snowmobiling is a dead sport in southern WI. Watching weather guessers right now and there are two systems in the works...one way north, and one way south