Nothern minnesota snowmobile trip

tomk

look closely, the snowmobile trails should be labeled with little snowmobile guys, or the words snowmobile trail. I high-lighted all of the trails to make it easier. i think they are the dashed lines if i remember correctly

snirt125

One of my favorite places to ride is the Isabella/ Babbit area. Tons of trails to ride, trails always seem to be well maintained, and this area is in the higher elevations off the great lake so it generally picks up a little extra snow than the surrounding areas.

elf

Dale,
Whats wrong with the mariner?<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> star all the way!
Should note though that the Whispering Pines between Silver Bay and Finland burned last week. They may have a couple of cabins available but the main building is gone.

blvette

There is alot of dashed lines on the map and very few snowmobile logos on it. How many miles of trail are up there if you would guess

elf

blvette,
Miles of trails is hard to define. You can ride the North Shore state trail out of Silver Bay up to Grand marais, think it's about 80-90 miles that way, then if you wanted to once you were up in GM you could run the gunflint trail another 60 miles to the end of the Gunflint, and come back down on the expressway trail, then you could ride the trails along the shore back to Tofte and then cut up to the Trestle inn and run the Tomahawk to Ely. See what I mean, there's hundreds miles of trails to ride. That doesn't even count all the off trail riding and forest roads and small local trails. There's way more trails than you could hit in a weekend.