NW Vilas Update 2/23 PM

rph130

80 mile loop today from Presque Isle to Winchester, Mercer, Manitowish Waters and back. Presque Isle/Winchester trails were groomed and very nice. Plenty of light powder and still plowing through untouched trails. The short distance we rode Mercer trails were very nice and appeared to have been groomed recently. Manitowish Waters not so good. Does not appear that they have groomed since the big melt and all of the fresh powder blown off and bumpy along 6E. Still looks to be a great weekend of riding in this area if anybody was having doubts. Talked to riders that had come down from Bergland. Said trails south from there were great all the way to PI.

pclark

RPH, I get why MW didn't groom Wednesday night because we had 5-6" of light fluffy snow at best. Pretty sure they will be out tonight as there is a lot more snow to work with after today's snow total. I think they wanted the riders to pack what we got on Tuesday down before they went out tonight. JMO, should be good this weekend, I'll wait until next week to ride, another storm possible on Monday.

pclark

Just a note, talked to a guy at the gas pumps at Dietz's in MW this morning, he came down from Presque Isle, said everything was awesome, said they road up to Lake of the Clouds Sunday and there was so much snow up that way it was crazy. Still snowing at 2pm Monday, 2/27 with about 2" so far.

goofy600

Just a note, talked to a guy at the gas pumps at Dietz's in MW this morning, he came down from Presque Isle, said everything was awesome, said they road up to Lake of the Clouds Sunday and there was so much snow up that way it was crazy. Still snowing at 2pm Monday, 2/27 with about 2" so far.
Momma and I made the same ride to LOC and yes trail 1 and 102 were absolutely gorgeous. If my wife would have been willing I would have did the loop a second time it was so nice and a beautiful day out also. And a good 6” of new snow here today(Watersmeet area)