NYT series about Isle Royal wolves

buddah2

Love them hate them I don't particularly care,

We had quite a discussion locally about whether or not they are a problem in the central U.P. There has been a number of pet predations blamed on wolves around the Wetmore area. My comment was that while it's illegal to kill one, if I see them around my furry kids they better darn well be wearing body armor....YMMV

ezra

they were talking about it on MN news last night guess there will be a limited # of hunting permits issued this yr.
as far dog killings in my area coyotes have been a huge problem not just in the country I saw 1 in St Louis park on the border of MPLS few weeks ago.1 in bloomington less than 5 min from the airport on monday.
my bud who has a farm in st Bonni has shot 8 last yr that come up to the hog shed to try and get the piglets.
at night I wont let my dogs out until I turn on a light and walk out back and make some noise during the day I just look around

D

Deleted member 10829

I saw that on KARE 11 last night too. It sounded like they would have a yearly harvest of around 400 in MN the first year and monitor things from there.

ezra

I don't know about hunting wolf.the pack could get pissed off real quick and you better be a real good shot and re loader if the leader decides he wants payback