Oakton Ice Arena Park Ridge

coach

Hi John:

Did you ever have that feeling that you knew someone from the past? After showing my wife your family photo and reading the bio, I realized that we must have crossed paths in my younger days.
Did you used to play hockey at Oakton Arena. I was a skating guard there around the late 60's. If so, we might have a few mutual friends. Where did you go to high school?

Coach

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Coach

I did play some hockey at Oakton. However, I played for Niles, so our home ice was Ballard. I actually did play more rat-time at Oakton and also did some public skating there. In a good winter Oakton would put an outdoor rink behind the building and along side the RR tracks!

All of my skating was done in the 80's though. I graduated from Maine East in '84.

-John

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Ever eat at Wally's? LOL.

LOTS! Loved their burgers and Italian Beef! Maine East was a closed campus, so you were not allowed to leave the campus during school hours. We used to sneak out of school at lunch break, have lunch at Wally's and then walk back into school with the outdoor gym class, like we were part of the class!

-John