Oblivious sledders

buddah2

I didn't want to hijack the "Three Ski-doo XP-Ss" thread but one of the posts in there reminded me of an anecdote from several years ago.........it was the year that the XP chassis was first released.......'09 maybe?

My buddy from SW FL was up for a few days riding.......we're going west on Trail 8 between Rumely and Little Lake......anybody that knows this section of trail knows there's a lot of hills and play areas adjacent to the trail on the south side.......maybe 30 yds wide.......so we're riding along and see 2 guys digging in what's gotta be 6 feet of snow......one of the guys was jumping with his brand new XP and played lawn dart with it......only thing still showing was the rear bumper/taillight. So my buddy and I stop to help.

I should explain my bud is a physically imposing person........6-3 325 and one of the strongest people I know......so us 2 60-somethings wade through almost neck deep snow and get a strap and a Sno-Bunjie on the front of the sled......between the 4 of us and several tugs we get him to where he can nail it and jump it back on the trail......now these guys are 20-somethings........needless to say they were quite appreciative.

So we cool off for a couple minutes, button everything up while they're still cleaning snow out, and we're on our way west.......go maybe 3/4 of a mile and here's 10 to 12 of their 20-something buddies parked, having smokey-treats, and waiting for their friends to show up.......so we go on our merry way thinking all the while "Some people's kids"...........